Search results

1. Daveclink

How to drain 1 zone on radiator

Thanks for the input. It sounds like it will be easier to drain the entire system and fill the 3 zones leaving the 1 zone drained so I can work on the radiator. Is the following the correct procedure: turn up the heat in all zones for about 10 min 1. turn the boiler off 2. close the water...
  2. Daveclink

How to drain 1 zone on radiator

I need to drain 1 zone out of 4 to work on a radiator each zone has a supply and return shut off with only 1 drain for the whole system Can I drain the 1 zone without draining the whole system? Thank you Dave
  3. Daveclink

Drain and vent question

Thank you, Jim I will replace all the 1 1/2" with 2"' Can I stay with the same type of connections as in the picture? You can't see it in the picture but the drain/vent pipe is connected to the 3" waste pipe about 1 foot below the elbow
  4. Daveclink

Drain and vent question

After completely gutting my bathroom I have a number of questions about the original install of the vent and drain pipes and how to fix the issue. The drain pipes and vent pipe are 1 1/2 PVC The drain pipe to the right will be contected to a double sink with a separate vent connected...
  5. Daveclink

Complete bathroom remodel

Thanks for the advice. The construction of this bathroom, by the original owner, was all wrong. It's time to hire a plumber to make it right. Dave
  6. Daveclink

I'm leaning toward building a 3 ft wall (2 X 6) and running the water pipes in the wall. installing the shower valve on this wall so we can turn the shower on and not get wet. I would also run the vent pipe up this wall and vent it in the attic. This is not my first choice, but might be my...
  7. Daveclink

Thanks Jim I appreciate your help.
  8. Daveclink

Thanks very much for your input. A question about the vent. There is 1 vent in the bathroom. It is on the opposite corner of the bathroom from the shower, which is where the toilet is. the room is 9 X 10. Should I add another vent near the shower?
  9. Daveclink

Hi Everyone I gutted my entire bathroom down to the studs and joists. I will replace the tub with a shower. I'm not sure the best way to handle the water pipes. In the picture you can see the water pipes on the outside of the studs, upward at an angle. I will have to move the pipes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks