Search results

1. snottyvar

final drawing for plumbing

I thought all plumbers were masochists. Now you've given me a bunch more stuff to look up and figure out. Cheers
  2. snottyvar

At this point running all those pipes is easier than changing the plan. My brain hurts. I'm just happy you guys think it's alright. It is an open concept house with a supported ridge. I can put the bathroom walls anywhere I want. I was waiting to finalize the plumbing before I even built the...
  3. snottyvar

Thanks so much for your time. Cheers
  4. snottyvar

Hi again. I think I have learned. Please take a quick look at the drawing. I have decided to use and air admitance valve on my kitchen island as it is right there under the sink and easy to replace when the time comes. Also assume slopes of 1/4 inch per foot. I did my best drawing but it was...
  5. snottyvar

Need advice on drain plumbing for new construction

I just realized I can do this job by copying exactly the drawing Mr. Love was kind enough to provide. Within the framework of that diagram I can move the fixtures to where I need them and easily add another fixture to the vent stack for my island. My old brain is really hurtin' Thanks to all who...
  6. snottyvar

Alright. New plan. Except for the Island I pulled this out of a code book. Two questions: How do I add the shower upstairs. Can I angle the toilet drain and do what I did in my second drawing? and is the island good? I did forget to sketch a clean out on the wet vent under the first floor basin...
  7. snottyvar

dlarrivee. I think I've made great progress. Perhaps my drawing is not so good. I can easily match the diagram for Island venting I found on this forum. I've been pouring over books and this forum pretty much 24/7. I realize I can not expect to do the job of a professional plumber But the hack...
  8. snottyvar

Hi guys. Hackney plumbing says my toilet is not vented. I've been researching for hours. I don't get it. Anyone?
  9. snottyvar

Just checked out crown venting. That is an error in the drawing. The vent would be a couple of pipe diameters along the trap arm. I understand what I did wrong on the island vent as well. All that is left is the toilet bon the left. How do I vent it properly?
  10. snottyvar

Ok. So I need to raise the island vent loop higher to avoid it filling and use two inch pipe. I drew the bathtub above the floor so you could see the connections better. Crown vented? Also, how is the toilel on the left not vented and the toilet on the right is? We're getting there. Thanks
  11. snottyvar

Attached is my revised plan. The LAV trap arms are 24 inches. The bath is 5 feet, the shower is 5 feet. I have gone to a 1 1/2 inch drain from the island as I have added the recommened venting for islands. How am I doing. Thanks
  12. snottyvar

Excellent! Thanks for your time. One last question. In order to place the p trap under the island sink I have to avoid creating as s trap. If my trap arm is at least twice the diameter of the trap before the vertical that is ok? Now if my daughter doesn't change everything again I should be OK...
  13. snottyvar

Thank you. I have been building two homes, one for myself and the missus, and one for the family, grandkids etc and so far the plumbing has been the most challenging. It's not as obvious as it seems but I think I have a grasp on it now. I certainly appreciate the time of anyone who cares to...
  14. snottyvar

I just got here and I'm annoying already. Correct me if I am wrong. The purpose of drain plumbing is to let water and waste exit the building without allowing any sewer gasses back in. Systems should be designed so that if all of the appliances are draining at the same time there will not be...
  15. snottyvar

I realize no one has the time to tell me exactly what to to. Is the problem that I need more venting. I researched this forum and found a two story stacked lavatory diagram with venting that I can approximate very closely but can I use the 3 inch drain from the island without venting?
  16. snottyvar

A couple of corrections: The basin on the first floor does not feed into the WC drain but into the the drain on the left. No appkiances drain below a WC. Also there is a cleanout in the basement and on the drain from the kitchen island
  17. snottyvar

I hope my daigram attached. A couple of notes on the diagram: all pipe grades are 1/4 inch per foot, no 90 degree bends As you can see I am wet venting my kitchen island by using a 3 inch pipe over 12 feet, actually I am wet venting both lav sinks and the shower. I live outside of municipal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks