Search results

1. kcplumber

water & growth on top of my water heater - replace or repair?

You can't have any combustable materials within 18" from the top of the water heater. I usually run 18" of copper off all my water heaters.
  2. kcplumber

DIY annual vinegar flush--how much pump?

We do lots of water heaters but rarely get a call to service a tankless water heater. You should be fine with just purchasing an inexpensive pump from the hardware store. I would definitely recommend just sticking with Vinegar, I know that some additives could void the warranty provided by the...
  3. kcplumber

Basement floor drain--is it right?

I have seen floor drains get covered with finishing the basement. Usually the concrete will slope down toward the drain and is not ideal for a finished space. Does the main drain leave through the floor or basement wall? If it leaves through the wall, your floor drain probably does not feed into...
  4. kcplumber

Thermal Expansion Tanks

It's also a code requirement for most areas that I service. I'm not trying to dazzle or baffle, just trying to provide quality service.
  5. kcplumber

Thermal Expansion Tanks

Almost all of the homes in my service area have Pressure Reducing Valves, which as you know creates a closed loop system.
  6. kcplumber

Should all the tiles be installed with thinset?

I have seen mastic that was 2 years old and still never setup. I am a fan of using thin-set, especially in a shower or floor.
  7. kcplumber

Thermal Expansion Tanks

I install expansion tanks on almost every water heater I put in. Even if there is no PRV I still recommend installing the expansion tank. Sometimes, I feel like the customer is not buying into the idea of the expansion tank and thinks I'm just trying to sell them on things they don't need...
  8. kcplumber

Venting a Power Vent water heater??

I wouldn't install a used water heater even if I got it for free. I hard pipe all water heaters and install expansion tanks so it takes some time and materials to do it right. Just buy a new unit, a decent amount of water heaters leak before the end of the warranty.
  9. kcplumber

In the Trades Forum

I am a plumbing contractor in Kansas City and would like to participate in the trades only section of the forum. I mainly specialize in service work in Overland Park, KS.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks