Search results

1. dpw-ct

Faucet need model or manufacturer

I have a leaky faucet need parts But have no idea what the manufacturer model number is it was probably put in between 1985 and 9095 anybody have any idea who made this and perhaps with the model number The sink drips from the Faucet. I assume I need a new cartridge but any others Help would be...
  2. dpw-ct

Old case or Briggs toilet constant fill

I have this old toilet and it keeps running (filling), Flapper ok, If I lift the float ball manually it stops and everything is fine. Do I need a new ball or rod. Any adjustments I can make? I think it is Briggs toilet model 6024 (1989) Photos attached Thx
  3. dpw-ct

New combustion chamber - or new furnace

I have an old luxaire oil furnace and the combustion chamber collapsed I'm trying to figure out if I should try to find a replacement chamber (no luck finding it yet) or need to replace the entire furnace Luxaire ser 42001-5290 Model 0w095mf series IAARE Also any idea how to get a manual for...
  4. dpw-ct

Drain Welll Tank annually?

I have a well and 4 year old tank. We tend to get a fair amount of sediment in our lines and the water is mildly hard. Should I be draining the tank periodically? Should I drain the electric water heater as well? If so, how often should this be done, and any special procedure to use
  5. dpw-ct

Clogged washer inlet

I have an LG washer an get an IE code quite often, which requires that I clean the cold side inlet screen, which is difficult to get to. We have private well water, and mostly run the washer using cold water. Any good solution for this? inline filter perhaps By the way I have separate PEX...
  6. dpw-ct

Cold water line running hot

We have a multifamily 6 story building in New York City. Recently the cold water taps is coming out warm and hot (especially at night). The domestic water is fed from the city into a 3hp pump with pressurized tank. The motor was recently replaced. I am wondering what can cause this...
  7. dpw-ct

Toto Dual flush - not filling

I have had a Toto Aquia One-Piece Toilet, Dual Flush toilet (1.6GPF & 0.9GPF Model MS654114MF) for a couple of years and all of a sudden it stopped filling. Any advice on what this might be. Sediment ? other common causes. Need advice on how to fix. Thanks all
  8. dpw-ct

expansion tank and back flow

I have this set up in my basement in a NYC condo for 10 years, I am now being told that this is a problem any thoughts on why there would be two check valves in this set up. Is it a problem . Arrows who direction of flow through check valves/back flow preventers. Supply is Cold water supply...
  9. dpw-ct

Backflow checkvalve installation BBFP

I am in New York city where a check valve or back flow preventer (3/4 BBFP) is required for domestic heating systems. I have a indirect hotwater tank attached to a gas boiler. My question is - What order should the back flow preventer be installed in A or B. We have had no problems but...
  10. dpw-ct

Need suggestion short hot water heater

I need to replace a 15 year old electric hot water heater in my miami condo. The largest unit that will fit is 22 1/2 inch dia x 32 inches high. Any suggestion on what the biggest and best water heater I can put in. Currently have a 30gal - its ok for the showers but can't fill a large tub (I...
  11. dpw-ct

Low Pressure mystery

I have just installed a new bathroom and am disappointed by the low pressure in the stall shower. Wondering what might be wrong. There does not appear to be any clog or low flow device in the shower head. -- I have a private well with pressure tank -- Shower is approx 28 vertical feet from...
  12. dpw-ct

Boiler Leaking what to do

Located in NYC I currently have a Weil Mclain Gas Hot water boiler (CG5SPDN about 15 years old) 140k btu, with 30 gal indirect hot water tank. There is a little water dripping on the flame, a national grid service person told me that we have a leak in the boiler. He suggests that we need a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks