Search results

1. bodymindheartnsoul

Removing dishwasher, how to cap off to allow for future reinstallation?

I don't think I can replace the T junction because this T is one INCH away from the big plastic Smart Meter and all the 2x4s so there is no clearance for the heat or any hands! All of the soldering in the house looks like this.
  2. bodymindheartnsoul

I am now in the posession of a 3/8" to 3/8" shutoff valve. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to disconnect the 3/8" copper at the dishwasher end and simply screw it onto the shutoff valve. Then I'm going to shut it off, and cap the other side with my 3/8" cap and Teflon tape. Then...
  3. bodymindheartnsoul

Here are some more photos where all this stuff drains into the main drain/stack: First one is the ABS elbow that connects the DW drain hose into the cast iron drain and stack. Second is another view of this elbow and where it connects into the 3-armed drain/stack. Third and fourth...
  4. bodymindheartnsoul

Okay, I think I figured out how to resize the photos, so here goes. First up is the T-connection from the main line to the 3/8" supply to DW. Second is the DW drain hose connecting to the copper piece stuck into the rubber hose going off to the distant stack/drain. Third is the...
  5. bodymindheartnsoul

Well, I started my morning today checking out what I could in the mere 1.5 foot access hole to the cast iron drain stack beneath all this stuff behind the walls on the basement floor. It was very interesting! It appears that dishwasher drain pipe leads to an ABS 90 degree elbow into the...
  6. bodymindheartnsoul

I think the original job was done back in the 1970s, so who knows, maybe it was legal back then. Amazingly, we never had a problem with the dishwasher until it caught on fire, no water or drain issues for sure. What ticks me off is that WE had the NEW dishwasher installed just 6 years ago...
  7. bodymindheartnsoul

Hi Everyone, My wonderful Kenmore Elite dishwasher recently caught on fire (apparently this is a class action lawsuit thing) and obviously has to be removed. After researching this, I do not want to replace it with any dishwasher at this time, but reserve the right to change my mind down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks