Search results

1. LiquidPlumber

Inspector wants an RPZ for residential home

Around here, a homeowner can do any work they want, they just have to comply with the code the same as a professional. I dont know a thing about that homestead tax thingy.... never heard of that before. Amazing how different things can be from one region to the next Good luck to you
  2. LiquidPlumber

Sink drain problem

there is no sealant for this. you need what in my area we call a charlotte seal, others call a donut seal. the seal goes around the pvc pipe and fits inside the cast iron hub and seal the 2 together. Sometimes it all fits together real easily, but most times, its a very frustrating experience...
  3. LiquidPlumber

Inspector wants an RPZ for residential home

You could ask the inspector to explain how he interprets the code to require this.. Maybe the head of inspections might be able to better explain the requirement or tell you that it isnt required. But most likely your town has at some time passed an ordinance that requires the RPZ. They are...
  4. LiquidPlumber

Removing dishwasher, how to cap off to allow for future reinstallation?

Yep, you could do exactly that with the supply line and a shutoff. Where the supply line ties into the dishwasher would be a really easy place to do that. You could also cut the tubing wherever was convienient and do what i was saying.. Never seen a drain like that.. looks sketchy at...
  5. LiquidPlumber

Overflow leak?

Yes, thats correct. There is a gasket that is supposed to seal the overflow drain fitting against the back of tub. The leak that you are talking about does happen occasionally altho not real often in my experience.. More common would be the tub boot (the drain in the tub) itself, or the...
  6. LiquidPlumber

Plastic push pull water valve problem

My quote..... I dont know a single plumber who even uses compression, much less prefers them .. Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just saying. IMHO If you CAN solder then you SHOULD solder. your quote....You must not know many plumbers or they are all union members who prefer to do things...
  7. LiquidPlumber

Code: Minimum Hot Water Capacity Replacement

You should be able to downsize your heater with no problems. Ive never heard of any ordinance that wouldnt allow you to do that. (theres no code covering that, but you should check local ordinance just to be extra sure.... I highly doubt there is) Also consider installing a timer for the most...
  8. LiquidPlumber

Use Cleanout for Drain

Dont forget to teflon tape that 3 inch cleanout plug and tighten it down tight. Yes, it will leak if you dont. BTW that tee is called a cleanout tee or a test tee
  9. LiquidPlumber

Bonding question for new water supply line

Concerning the well driller guy, Im not surprised that he didnt tell you. he either didnt care, or didnt know. Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he didnt know he created a problem for you. When I repipe houses and run into ground/bonding issues I ALWAYS tell the...
  10. LiquidPlumber

Water leaking at and in the water meter box at the street

Call the water company. they will come out, sometimes day or night, and check to see what the situation is. As previously said, if its on the city side, they will fix it and its no cost to you. If its on your side, its your problem. In many jurisdictions if you have one high bill due to a...
  11. LiquidPlumber

Im assuming you mean you usually try to never need a professional? lol.. I understand totally. I almost never hire anyone else to do anything I might be able to do myself. But sometimes its worth it to just get the right answer the first time and be done with it. I see your an engineer, and...
  12. LiquidPlumber

Use Cleanout for Drain

Looks good dude! I cant tell if you put the tee for the studor vent in backwards or not, It wont matter in the operation of the system .... in this application its just a technical sort of thing. An inspector would fail you (if the tee were backwards) but like I said, in THIS APPLICATION it...
  13. LiquidPlumber

Hot Water Heater Questions

Back to back showers should be no issue IF your taking a shower to get clean and not to hang out until you are pruned....lol Seriously tho, incoming cold water is a big issue that folks dont think about. Lets say your heater is heating water to 140 degrees ( which is pretty hot!) normal...
  14. LiquidPlumber

Tips to removing old Tub Faucet / Diverter

Try some heat.. It probably wont help and then youll need to get the big wrench out, and start cranking on that spout til you break it off. Once you break off the metal decorative part of the spout youll be able to see the plastic innards that are stuck in there. you may have to melt it off or...
  15. LiquidPlumber

Delta monitor 17 series tub spout won't screw in adapter

HEHEHEHEHE..... thats exactly what i was thinking! Ive installed thousands of those spouts, yes really thousands. I love them.. sometimes the first thread or 2 is actually tightening up the plastic assembly inside the spout and it seems like maybe its gonna break. But keep going. use 2...
  16. LiquidPlumber

Sounds like a question for an electrician. You might consider posting this question on an electricans forum. I can tell you this, there was a plumber who was recently killed who was laying in water and grabbed a copper pipe. I dont remember all the ins and outs of the story but the bottom...
  17. LiquidPlumber

Please help - Need advise on trap and venting

Nope, you only need to individually vent a fixture if its tying directly into a drain line downsteam of a toilet. In your example, there would be no need to vent your toilet first before tying in. (as there is no toilet upstream) The line itself will serve as the vent for the toilet. HJ...
  18. LiquidPlumber

Use Cleanout for Drain

YES HJ, it can be a studor vent pointing straight up as high as he can get it. It would HAVE TO BE be above the trap it would have no choice.. Read the earlier posts, youll see exactly what I was telling tev9999. Here it is so you dont have to look back. Add a 3 inch tee directly above...
  19. LiquidPlumber

Pex Vanguard Manabloc manifold ... which type and diameter?

I gotta tell ya, One tract builder here was putting in manifold systems and I have yet to figure out what the advantage is. Perhaps you could explain to me why you want this setup cause i just dont see it. I would go with brass crimp, but thats only cause Ive been putting in brass fittings...
  20. LiquidPlumber

Bathroom Remodel: Tub Drain and Plumbing Problems

Youre doing a fine job... cut out some of the 2x10 on the floor and take out all the concrete around the trap. All you need to do is chisel back far enough to cut the trap off and get a fitting on the pipe. That shouldnt be underneath that beam. Looks like your working in the footer or an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks