Search results

1. tev9999

Toilevator + ADA Toilet?

The tile is the perfect thickness to bring the floor up to the proper level. Since I'm renting a tile saw again anyway, I'll jut cut one to match the footprint of the toilet. Probably not the best solution, but the one that fits my time and budget at the moment. Is silicone the best...
  2. tev9999

Toilevator + ADA Toilet?

The flange is rusty on the surface, but structurally seems OK. No breaks or thin sections. I would typically agree that now is the time to replace it, but mom is due to be released from post-hospital nursing care next week, so getting this bathroom functional is priority #1. I'm going to...
  3. tev9999

Toilevator + ADA Toilet?

Another wacky (or not) idea. What about just using the existing tile as a riser? I'm using 12x18 7/16" thick full body porcelain. One layer would be enough to level things out I think.
  4. tev9999

Toilevator + ADA Toilet?

So I think you are telling me I don't have enough vertical drop for the twist and set connector to seal before hitting the bend? That makes sense. I don't I have easy access to that bend. It is right near a main support beam and some built-in bookcases in the basement. Going all the way...
  5. tev9999

Toilevator + ADA Toilet?

Flange Too High Things can never go easily... I determined the toilet is actually a 17.5" and was going to set it with a taller seat. I now discover that my toilet flange is too high - close to an inch off the floor. Is the easiest fix to drill out the lead, remove the flange, cut down...
  6. tev9999

Toilevator + ADA Toilet?

I am currently in the process of renovating my mother's bathroom. She has very bad arthritis in her knees and has a very difficult time getting up from any chair. For years she has been using the over toilet commode raised pretty much to its maximum height, but those are quite unsanitary IMO...
  7. tev9999

Miscut Shower Pan Liner - Can I Patch?

I replaced the liner - much more carefully this time. The patch would have been right at some major folding and I didn't want to risk it to save $30. I thought about the regular balloon, but didn't think it would be able to handle much water pressure. I don't think I can get a mechanical...
  8. tev9999

Is there a way to plug the drain without investing $40 in an inflatable 2" test plug I will never use again? I have already sealed the liner to the drain bottom with silicone and tightened the top ring down.
  9. tev9999

I was installing the Oatey shower pan liner on my bathroom project tonight and ended up miscutting around an outside corner. I cut too deep and the cut went down into the pan corner beyond where a dam corner would cover. I patched the corner (with a 2" overlap and X15 adhesive) and walked...
  10. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

Im 99% sure i installed the tee with the flow from the center branch directed to the sewer. I planned on strapping everything down but forgot those supplies Thanks again for the help now to the shower pan...
  11. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

Here are the pics.
  12. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

I got it assembled yesterday. I'll post some pics later. The top (OD) of the trap ended up about 5.5" below the subfloor. This is as low as I could go and still clear the support beam a foot away. I ran a 4' straight section of pipe sloped a total of 1.5" - that gave me 7" above the pipe...
  13. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

Why was I thinking this had to be mounted above the drain? Must have been the confusion on the horizontal run. Got it now - thanks again.
  14. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

You are correct - there is no way to tie in above the toilet with a downward slope in the shower line. The tee for the studor vent line must go vertical, correct? It will be a bit tricky to fit everything in, but I think I can do it. Will this work? Sorry I am horrible at...
  15. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

My confusion. Now I get it - I think - since I'm not entering the stack - but in the floor below the stack - that vent does not count. Ignore my reasoning above. I'll run the 2" with a Studor vent. That toilet run is about six feet and all cast iron.
  16. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

The iron pipe entering the top vertically of the cast iron in the photo in post 3 continues to a roof vent. There is also a sink connected. This is the view of the same pipe from the first floor. If I understand your formula for maximum distance from trap to vent: PipeID / SlopePerFoot =...
  17. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

While I'm at it, and have to make a trip back to the store anyway - is there any point in running a 3" drain all the way? The extra cost is minimal, and I'm all for fewer drain clogs. Should get me past the studor vent requirement also, since if I am correct a 3" line could be 12 feet from a...
  18. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

OK, got it. Just out of curiosity, would using the wye I linked in post #5 be incorrect? I used one in a similar situation a few years ago when I redid my kitchen. I had to connect to a 3" iron drain that had been cut off flush with the basement floor. I used a grommet around PVC to form a...
  19. tev9999

Use Cleanout for Drain

As I understand it: Sanitary Tee directs the flow one direction. "Regular Tee" flows both/any direction. This fitting isn't used for plumbing at all. There is no sweep. Of course my understanding could be wrong.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks