Search results

1. Kevs02Accord

Resetting a Concrete Slab

Hey man, thanks for that. The article was great. Gives me a lot more confidience about mixing / pouring concrete. I didn't see anything about the base though. I ll do so more digging.
  2. Kevs02Accord

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure they didn't use 3/4" stone, its maybe a 1/4". Can anyone else tell me if I will run into problems with having part of the slab above ground level?
  3. Kevs02Accord

Not sure if this is the right form. I found a concrete slab, probably 3x3 almost totally buried by the side garage door. So I dug it up with the intentions to put it back. The question is, how should I reset the slab? How do I lay the base, 2" of sand and 2" of gravel? How high above the...
  4. Kevs02Accord

Exterior Faucet Shut Off Valve Leaking

As an update. I got the parts. You were right, it was a little rubber washer. That did the trick, turned it on, no leaking. Thanks.
  5. Kevs02Accord

Great. Yeah when I completely took it off there was no washer that came with it. Would it help to take the cap to the store to compare sizes?
  6. Kevs02Accord

I just bought this house a couple of months ago, in February. While the home inspector was there he shut off the valves to the exterior faucets, apparently the PO didn't care about freezing pipes. Any way, I went to turn them back on, the one on the front did not have a problem, the one in the...
  7. Kevs02Accord

Newb with Plumbing Issues

Ok guys, I figured that drawing sucked. I ll get some pics up asap.
  8. Kevs02Accord

Newb with Plumbing Issues

Hello all, new to the forums. I just bought a new house and am having some plumbing problems, among others. Here is the current situation; we have a tri / quad level home. In the basement laundry room there are w/d hook ups and a utility sink. Originally the washer drain was in the sink. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks