Search results

1. in.need.of.help

Boiler Decision: Oil or Natural Gas? 80%? 90%? Condensing? Tankless?

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. The electric baseboard doe not really factored in because I do not use them, and two of those areas are shut off from the rest of the house. One of them shares two 5' openings, and in those two areas is a radiator for those two rooms. I never...
  2. in.need.of.help

Again, many thanks, lots of useful information. So much to take in. I will be looking at it all. Questions: You gave me a link that took me to the pexsupply.com website. I found that they had a "btu" calculator. Do you think it realistic? I plug in my info, and I get around 108,00...
  3. in.need.of.help

Thanks for your reply. Knowing what you know about my house, would you have any recommendations on the type of system for heat and hot water for my house. There seem to be so many types of boilers, it is hard to figure out what would be the right choice for my situation. And, yes, I know...
  4. in.need.of.help

What is a 2-3 plate cast iron boiler that you refer to, can you give me an example of one? Can you tell me what the efficiency rate is? Is a modulating -condensing boiler the same thing as a unit that hangs on the wall that gives the 95% efficiency? Thanks again for your time, and help.
  5. in.need.of.help

Thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated. Sounds like an in direct is a good thing. Would set up costs (material and labor) be considerably more on an indirect then a conventional electric, or gas water heater? I just need to do my homework to make sure the sizing is right...
  6. in.need.of.help

Thanks for the information... I wonder if I got the wrong degree day info, whatever I found, I think it was a total count for the month of January, I did not add up 30 day increments. I know you say your calculation is a realistic number, but that ends up being 1/4 of my current BTU capacity...
  7. in.need.of.help

Thank you for the information. The existing water heater has not been discussed as use for an indirect tank. I never used it, and I have been her 18 years. I am not sure when the previous owners last used it, or if it was even drained after its last use. I assume it is no good for anything...
  8. in.need.of.help

Tankless Boiler with Radiators

Condensing Wall Mounted Gas Boiler with Radiators Thanks for your reply. I may have used "tankless" in the title, incorrectly. I will edit it to read "condensing wall mounted gas boiler with radiators." The system I am speaking of is a 175,00 BTU condensing wall mounted gas boiler by...
  9. in.need.of.help

Boiler Decision: Oil or Natural Gas > 80% > 90% > Condensing > Tankless I am in need of replacing my oil fired boiler, it heats my hot water too. I live in Delaware in a 2200 square foot, 1900's farmhouse with original radiators. I have 2 heating zones, and I am planning, sometime in the...
  10. in.need.of.help

Tankless Boiler with Radiators

I am in need of replacing my oil fired boiler, it heats my hot water too. I live in Delaware in a 2200 square foot, 1900's farmhouse with original radiators. I am on well water, and I think it to be rather acidic. I am planning to replace the oil fired with a natural gas boiler. I would like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks