Search results

1. John235

Bathroom Remodel: Tub Drain and Plumbing Problems

It's not glued yet. In order to get the trap in the right position, I would have needed to go another 6 inches or so to the right under the wall. There's not a lot of room in the corner to angle the demo hammer in that direction and it would require significantly more cutting of the studs...
  2. John235

I finally got around to renting a demolition hammer and getting some room to work. The 2" drain line was almost entirely underneath the wall which was fun. I added a 2" p-trap and then came up vertically into a 2x2x1.5 tee with the 1.5" going to the tub drain and the 2" to 1.5" reducer above...
  3. John235

I finally got a hold of an air chisel and began the excavation of the concrete around the tub drain. I found the p-trap. One half of it goes directly towards the wall and the other half makes a right turn just under the wall and I assume it attaches to the drain pipe there. This has turned...
  4. John235

I chipped out about 2" just below the tee. There is some bubble wrap around the vertical pipe. Do I need to keep chipping until I find the P trap or could I cut it off near the bubble wrap, weld on a couple, then a tee and use a series of fittings to get my proper positioning like what is...
  5. John235

Thanks for the ideas. I should have been a little more clear in my original post. I planned on replacing the valve and setting it back to allow for the surrounds to be flush with the studs. I've done this before and just takes a little patience. I like the idea of dropping the larger lines...
  6. John235

After purchasing a house a few months ago, I decided today was the day to remove the 18 year old fiberglass all-in-one tub/surround and replace it with a standard tub and tiled surround. I've done two full bath remodels in a previous home that were fairly straightforward, but this one has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks