Search results

1. Smitny

Drain plumbing for Steam Shower

I had heard from someone else that there needs to be a certain distance (two pipe widths?) between a trap and a vent. If that's true, is my steam gen drain setup okay? Am I trying to cram too much in a tight space there in pic #3? Thanks
  2. Smitny

Okay, I put it together like your version 1. Here's three shots, let me know if I got it right. Here is the shower drain, I made the turn as gradual as I could inside the space I have. Plenty of slope even though this picture, taken from above, might not show it. Here is a shot...
  3. Smitny

I don't feel like you're trying to force the issue at all. Im very grateful for all of the advice. So (referencing your picture) are you saying to install another wye along the horizontal section between the existing horizontal wye and where it makes the 90 to rise? If so, what goes where...
  4. Smitny

Ok. I have more room between the joists to work with, and can make that big turn more gradual with another trip to the store.
  5. Smitny

Okay, this seems better to me. My first concern with this is the distance that the vent line has to travel laterally before making the rise. It tavels 6'6" of horizontal distance, with enough space to rise vertically about 6" over that run. Is this enough of a slope for the vent? The...
  6. Smitny

Thanks for the visual, and all of the suggestions. I am still playing with a way to keep this all (or most) inside the joists because I dont have any room to spare in the closet to raise up the generator more than about 4 inches inside the closet. If I get anything that looks workable, I'll...
  7. Smitny

Okay. Im gonna step back, do some reading and try for version 3.0 on this.
  8. Smitny

That makes sense, thanks.
  9. Smitny

I think I have decided what to do with the steam generator drain. Can anyone pass judgement on whether they think there is a problem with the venting in this arrangement? Any suggestions are appreciated.
  10. Smitny

I know. As I posted in my ongoing thread over at JohnBridge, "leaving an open gap in plumbing lines goes against what little plumbing logic I may possess". Experts??
  11. Smitny

John, I have been told that (per code) the copper has to have 3/4" space between the bottom of the copper elbow and the top of the drain line. I would personally prefer a solid tie in like you mentioned, but I'm trying to be as close to code as possible. In my understanding the...
  12. Smitny

(Posted this in General plumbing, and then realized it should be in this forum instead so I am reposting it here.) I am doing a shower remodel, ripping out a bathtub and shower and replacing with a larger shower including a steam generator. I am DIY'er with some limited plumbing experience...
  13. Smitny

Steam Shower Remodel

(Edit: I realized this probably belonged in the Shower and bathtub forum, so I reposted it there.) Here is my proposed plumbing layout for a shower remodel, including a steam generator. The p-trap in the foreground is for a 2" shower drain, and the smaller p-trap towards the back is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks