Search results

1. Dean Erger

PVC Male - Brass Female Coupling

A pipe broke at the inlet side of the cut-off valve for my house. As can be seen in the photos, the PVC doesn't appear to have been screwed very far into the brass valve. Is that normal?
  2. Dean Erger

Is a Pressure Relief Valve Necessary when using a Jet Pump?

I’m installing a 1-½ HP Goulds J15S Jet Pump to pump water from a cistern. My pressure switch is set at 40/60 psi. Goulds says that the maximum shut off pressure for that pump is 80 psi (at five feet total suction lift). Is it advisable that I install a pressure relief valve? If so...
  3. Dean Erger

Jet Pump Dry Run Protection – How to Judge Pump Quality?

I’m looking for a new shallow well jet pump, probably 1 hp. Do most cast iron pumps have built in protection in case the water intake runs dry? I want to get a pump that will provide long reliable service. I’d appreciate recommendations for quality pump brands, or what to look for in...
  4. Dean Erger

EPS15/99 Electronic Pressure Switch

Does the EPS15/99 remember its settings after a power loss?
  5. Dean Erger

How to Increase Well Water Pressure?

I’d appreciate advice on increasing my water pressure. I have a well system with a very large water storage tank (about 8 ft high and 6 ft in dia., with a 2†outlet pipe). Water from the storage tank goes through a booster pump for pressure, then to a 20 gallon Champion pressure tank (on a...
  6. Dean Erger

Booster Pump - Switch Chatter

I have a water well system with a water storage tank. Water from the storage tank goes through a booster pump for pressure, then to a pressure tank (on a “Tâ€) and on to my home. I’m planning to replace the booster pump with a Red Jacket 100SRJ shallow well jet pump. The installation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks