Search results

1. Pman6

should all gas fixtures have a sediment trap? why doesn't the main gas line have a trap?

my house was built in 1992. my cooktop doesn't have a drip leg. But I know it's common to have one for the water heater. and maybe the hvac gas furnace too? These are sensitive gas valves. what is standard practice? if the main line to the house has a drip leg, then you wouldn't need a drip...
  2. Pman6

how much have water heater prices risen since 2019?

so about 37% increase in 4 years. seems like manufacturers have no incentive to lower prices
  3. Pman6

how much have water heater prices risen since 2019?

plumbers.... apples to apples, how much have water heater prices risen since 2019? I'm wondering if prices might come down, or if they will just keep them elevated
  4. Pman6

Aluminum handle on brass cartridge. Gonna be a problem later on?

I got a Mixet chrome aluminum shower knob handle, and it fits super tightly on the Mixet cartridge, which has a brass screw hole. even without a screw, it doesn't wanna come off without banging it off. will this aluminum fuse with the brass eventually?
  5. Pman6

Have you ever seen roots like this under a toilet?

yeah, this is a concrete slab. these roots went far to find water. hot damn. It appears that roots are not deterred by wax, and will drill right through them. Maybe that's why my wax ring was destroyed. Anyway, I got some copper sulfate and table salt, and poured a bunch around the edge of...
  6. Pman6

I tried to snake a shower pan drain, but couldn't get the snake to bend. What's the trick?

I was spinning the snake with my drill while trying to push and jab it through, and couldn't get the snake to enter the first bend I've had difficulty with ptraps before. I gave up on a tub once, and I gave up on this too. Luckily the toilet plunger busted the shower clog. but am I snaking...
  7. Pman6

Have you ever seen roots like this under a toilet?

I can't tell where these are coming from. The drain is clear and there are no roots coming through the inside of the drain. There are no bushes outside. The neighbor's bushes are higher in elevation behind a concrete wall, and 15ft away. How do i kill it to prevent it from growing back? These...
  8. Pman6

Sudden toilet drain clog. I'm hesitant to push it through.

i'm not saying the tenant is bad, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of this tenant, as a replacement tenant is easily found. Anyway, PROBLEM SOLVED today I brought my snake and drill over there.... and guess what ?? a big wad of Huggies baby ass wipes clogged the line. My snake luckily...
  9. Pman6

i mean it just doesn't make sense- the tenant said everything was working 100% the day before. Kitchen, bath, laundry, all flowing, no slowing. For the last 9 years. Then suddenly a full stoppage on Sunday. something big enough to stop a 3" line on short notice? Just going by what tenant...
  10. Pman6

it's likely the tenant's fault. ~2 years ago, I hired a plumber to bust a bath tub clog. It was completely stopped with hair. Since then, they've used a hair catcher.
  11. Pman6

no. goes straight to the sewer. you could be right, there might be a lot of standing water in the toilet drain pipe. maybe tenant took a big shit. Maybe their toddler threw toys in the toilet. or paper towels. We'll see what caused the clog when we remove the toilet to replace the wax...
  12. Pman6

exactly. I'm making the tenant find a plumber. I forgot to mention that water backflowed through the base of the toilet, so the wax ring is busted. If I pour a gallon of water down the toilet, it quickly flows out of the toilet bolts in the floor. That tells me the clog isn't too far...
  13. Pman6

Old house built in 1966. Cast iron drain pipes. Toilet clog is causing kitchen, laundry, bathroom sink/shower to back up. Whatever the tenant flushed down is big enough to completely block the pipe. If I push it through, I'm afraid it will clog the main line, especially if the main line is...
  14. Pman6

Why are solid brass fht hose ends so hard to find now? Only aluminum junk now. Corrosion

the cheap plastic ones don't strip out the screws in the plastic clamp?
  15. Pman6

Why are solid brass fht hose ends so hard to find now? Only aluminum junk now. Corrosion

the orbit is not brass the aquaplumb might be too big for my 5/8 hose
  16. Pman6

no. that picture is of an aluminum hose fitting still. it's what I'm looking for, but I need it in brass
  17. Pman6

anyone know where to buy real brass fht hose fittings? The garbage they sell everywhere now is aluminum, and will corrode hose bibbs. even on ebay they advertise "solid brass", and the description says aluminum. What can be done to prevent corrosion between bibb and hose end? especially...
  18. Pman6

Realistically, how likely is this compression valve gonna fly off?

ok i'll back off the nut tomorrow and see if I deformed the pipe, then dope and tighten. Hope that cures the drip.
  19. Pman6

yeah. that was old tape from the guy who installed the w.h ages ago. I didn't clean it off well. I didn't remove the nipple end, so I left that. I didn't put any new tape on any thread today. I'm wondering if I should tighten the nut further. This is 1" copper, probably type M. 2 things I...
  20. Pman6

I thought I would be able to solder, but all I created was a leaky valve. So I installed this compression valve on my water heater instead. Used a whole lotta strength to tighten these nuts. Can I rest assured there's a very super unlikely chance this valve will blow itself off? I sanded...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks