Search results

1. wujohn

Gas line-connecting different metals - Need guidance

Edited post: new info and questions... I am using natural gas. OK, so I have been doing some more reading. My goal is to make the install last, particularly since I will be walling some of the assembly up inside my radius block. New plan is all brass inside radius block that will connect...
  2. wujohn

Gas line-connecting different metals - Need guidance

Hi, I had an underground gas run (HDPE) that uses a flexible anodelss gas riser that I will hooking up to a fire pit that I am finishing up. I assume that anodeless means that I don't need to use something to attract corrosion away from steel, is that correct? So my shutoff valve is made of...
  3. wujohn

Underground PE run problem

The city inspector came by and signed off on the method this contractor used - I know that the riser contains some sort of flexible steel and has a protective coating. I understand that this riser might be somewhat new and that typically you'd use the riser (or something similar to the one) HJ...
  4. wujohn

Underground PE run problem

Hello, I had a contractor run underground PE (10' run) for a firepit and he has run into a challenge. At this point I want to double check options and will likely be calling in someone else to correct this issue since he essentially screwed this up. The contractor used a flexible transition...
  5. wujohn

Underground Natural Gas Pipe run

Thanks for all of the replies. In San Diego, copper is out so that leaves me with epoxy coated black pipe, HDPE, and maybe galvanized - is there something else I am missing. Since I began researching this project I had always assumed I would go with hdpe (or would it be mdpe for residential)...
  6. wujohn

Thanks again. As Jimbo mentions copper is a no go here in SD so I guess it is either galvinized or epoxy coated pipe. Any other recommendations or concerns. I am from the school of trust but verify and I want to make sure what ever is done, it is done correctly.
  7. wujohn

Thank you for the replies; what you say makes sense - there will be quite a bit of steel with the PE run anyway. Yes this is being run under a concrete patio, not under the home. The existing patio will have to be dug up some and I will be adding a new slab (and tying that into the existing...
  8. wujohn

Hi, First - don't panic; I am hiring a pro to do this project but I want to know some unbiased opinions. I have a 3/4" stub at the back of my house and will be hooking up a natural gas fire pit. The run is probably no more than 12' and based on my conversation with an inspector it has to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks