Search results

1. pauli5500

Botched Moen Install?-Single handle tub/shower

Thanks for the response...I believe it is a Posi-Temp but I'm not sure that the cart. is reversed since I'm getting no hot water at all from just that faucet...and isn't the water totally shutting off when the handle goes all the way CCW weird?
  2. pauli5500

Botched Moen Install?-Single handle tub/shower

I haven't ever used this shower ( I know, I know) since I have other showers in the house. Went thru inspection today to sell the house and the inspector found that aside from not getting any hot water to one tub/shower unit, when the handle is turned 'past' the hot water making, the cold...
  3. pauli5500

New softener help

Thanks very much for the help, guys. I did the math..seems very little difference, in my case, between 20K @ 6 lbs and 24K @8 lbs...less than a bag a year.
  4. pauli5500

New softener help

Thanks for your response, dit, but I have a question about it. First, I forgot to mention in my OP that the salt is set at 9.5 lbs. You wrote that by setting my capacity from 32K, which is what it's rated at, down to 30K, I'd be wasting salt..but..the instructions you cut and pasted call for...
  5. pauli5500

New softener help

Check out my program, please? New installation 2 people (about 100 gal. per day total) 32,000 Clack WS-1 hardness--16 gpg using Potassium Salt I reset to 30,000 capacity since I read potassium is less efficient....the unit is regenerating about every 16 days...The number of gallons I'm...
  6. pauli5500

Confused--Really confused softener and BB install.

It's the retailer then who is giving me the warranty..!0 yrs parts and labor and 25 yrs resin and tanks...No complaints anywhere I could find about them, and they've been in business since 1985 so I feel good about that.
  7. pauli5500

Well, anyway, guys Thanks for all the help...we settled on the Clack ws1 which will be installed next week with a sediment filter afterwards to catch all the resin that we hope doesn't escaped from the unit. We're getting a 10 yr parts and labor warranty, too. The guy from Kinetico tried to...
  8. pauli5500

I'm here, I'm here..more info and questions....re: Water Softener and filter install Had another guy come out today..offering a Fleck 5600 and Clack WS1...the later is $200 more. Another choice I gotta make. This guy was thinking I'm worrying too much about the resin disintergating and...
  9. pauli5500

Some people I know with softeners have had their resin blow up, explode, whatever, and it's supposedly due to the higher (3ppm) of chlorine we have in our water supply. Due to our hardness at 15 gpg, we're think of getting a Fleck 5600 softener and it makes sense to have a charcoal filter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks