Search results

1. yagophil

Help identify tub valves and unstick the shower diverter

Done! All finished--I cleaned up the valve body and valve, installed new o-rings, added a dab of silicon grease. Seems to work fine now! The only thing left is to regrout around the packing nut (there's about 1/4-3/4" clearance all around, too big for caulk.) BTW, the plumbing supply shop...
  2. yagophil

Eureka! Got it out. Hackney Plumbing, you da man! :) :D Your little trick to back it out using the packing nut worked a treat. But it fought me every mm of the way. I crunched up the splines pretty good, but I think I can still get the knob on with a little persuasion. Now I fear the...
  3. yagophil

OK guys, I understand what you're saying--heat the body up (the part with threads) and not the actual moving valve piece (or stem) itself. It will be tricky though, there's not much clearance, and it will be easy to accidentally heat the moving piece along with the body. As an aside I...
  4. yagophil

guys-- thanks so much for the responses! the diverter's splined shaft was already loose, and just as hackney p. said, i believe there was some epoxy in the threads to bond the shaft into the diverter. attached are two pics that show 1) the stem and the packing sleeve, and 2) the...
  5. yagophil

Hi all, We just moved into a 21 year old home that has the following 3-handled tub/shower fixtures. In one bathroom the diverter valve is stuck / frozen in the shower position. I've disassembled as much as I can from the tile side... I was able to unscrew and remove the outer shaft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks