Search results

1. Billonion

washing machine outlet box

Hi all, I'm looking to install a washing machine outlet box. I have 2 questions: 1. What do you guys recommend (I like the Sioux Chief Ox Box)? 2. What is the installed height off the floor? This will be on a bare wall (no counter top) right behind the washing machine. Thanks all. Billw
  2. Billonion

Vapor barrier needed?

Definitely planning on putting something under the plastic shower floor / pan (Mustee 32x48). What would work best? A buddy gave me half a bag of thin set. He said he did his with that. An expert (?) at my local Homer said to use the sand mix Quikrete. Also, another buddy of mine, a...
  3. Billonion

Vapor barrier needed?

I have my basement bathroom fully studded, wired, and plumbed. I have the fart fan installed and vented. I am ready to install the plastic shower floor, durock, and then ceramic tile the shower. This bathroom has no walls near the exterior walls. Do I need to use a poly film vapor...
  4. Billonion

Leaky Moen Posi Temp shower valve fittings

I finally finished up my Moen shower valve / bathroom plumbing install. I cleaned, fluxed, and soldered all threaded fittings. I'm happy to report no leaks! Now I can move on to installing the shower floor, Durock, tile... Billw
  5. Billonion

I did solder to the fitting prior to assembling to the valve. There may have been some heat transfer while connecting elbows, etc. I don't have too much room to work (about 3 inches per side). I think I will just clean the threads on the fittings and valve, screw them together, and sweat...
  6. Billonion

What is your favorite faucet?

I've installed a few Delta faucets and shower valves. They rarely leak and are very easy to fix. My current home has Delta faucets and Moen shower valves (my old house had all Delta faucets and valves). The Moens are OK, but I still like the Delta better. Currently having a problem...
  7. Billonion

Hi all, I've plumbed in my basement bathroom and have no leaks in any of my solder joints. There are no leaks at the compression ball valves for stool and lav supply. The threaded fittings on the Moen Posi-Temp shower valve, however, do leak. I used Teflon tape, hand tightened them, then...
  8. Billonion

How to connect (wordy)

If the tee for the lav is from the 2", that would be wet vented over the toilet. The 2 inch must be the vent for the stool, as it is right behind the stool's rough-in. The tee for the lav is off this 2 inch. The 1.5" line could be the vent for the shower. The 1.5 inch line is over from...
  9. Billonion

How to connect (wordy)

There are 2 pipes (1.5 and 2 inch) to the left (not shown) coming up out of the slab. They run parallel to each other up about 4 feet, then the 1.5 inch turns and connects to the 2 inch. The 2 inch has the rough in for the sink teeing off it. Is this some sort of venting / wet venting? Bill
  10. Billonion

How to connect (wordy)

Help. I'm adding a 3/4 bathroom in my basement ( I have a 1994 2 story house with full unfinished basement). The toilet rough in is there, the drain for the sink is there, and the supply lines are overhead. There is only an opening in the concrete floor for the shower drain (think built-in kitty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks