Search results

1. Backwoods

Capp off galvanized water line under slab

MACPLUMB 777. I will wait at least 24 HRS. before I put the crete to it. thanks
  2. Backwoods

Gotter done today. actually yesterday since its 1:25 AM here in Show-Me State. Jacked it out with no problems. The elbow was only 5" down, right at bottom of concrete. Wasn't in the grade beam at all. 18" pipe wrench and a 24" breaker bar and a 1X4 backer to keep the whole thing from twisting it...
  3. Backwoods

Thanks alot everyone. I'll post some pics when finished
  4. Backwoods

Replacing the galv. is not a option right now. I have used the sharkbite before on old quest and above ground, they work great. But I'll be hammerin tomarrow. I'll feel alot better getting it capped at a threaded joint. Any specific dope for the threads??
  5. Backwoods

I knew I was going to have to get into the slab. I used a small chipping hammer and am down 2 to 3 inches. Was thinking maybe a compression fitting would be sufficient. I'm not sure if it is all in the footer. Surely they didn't pour water line length of the grade beam thats another reason I was...
  6. Backwoods

Thanks alot. I'm going to get jackhammer after lunch. I think I'll try to get down to the elbow where it goes horizontal and plug it. I guess I was hopin for easy fix and shoulda known better. I appreciate the feedback and will let ya know how it went.
  7. Backwoods

Capping off galvanized water line under slab I posted last night but it is gone this morning, maybe a dumb question, I dunno. Anywhow, I've demoed a 1/2 bath to make a hallway thru it. The sink was in the middle of new doorway to hall. The galv pipe ran from sink into bearing wall and down into...
  8. Backwoods

I'm demoing a bathroom and converting to a hallway. The sink was right in the middle of my new doorway on a load bearing wall. The supply line, 1/2" galvanized pipe ran into wall and down into slab. I have chipped away at concrete down about 2" and want to jackhammer back to the main line but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks