Search results

1. minus08

Drainage and Venting for New Bathroom

The 2" drain from the proposed shower and proposed tub need vents in them before they enter that 3" line.
  2. minus08

Extending gas line for NG bbq

My next purchase is going to be a natural gas grill. I will need to get NG out to the backyard. I will not need anything run underground as I'd like to have the quick disconnect coming out of the back of the house well above grade. In the basement I have a 1/2" line running off of a 1" line. The...
  3. minus08

Bathtub overflow plate gasket. Is this a problem?

I took access panel off in a closet to check the backside of the gasket. Looks to be a good seal. Also why the hell do people(a plumber???) have to use the tub cavity for a garbage dump??
  4. minus08

Has anyone ever used these. Called the ultimate overflow gasket: Instructions say: Insert Ultimate Overflow Gasket on the outside of the tub and place the new retaining ring over the gasket.
  5. minus08

There is an access panel in a closet. I'll do that tomorrow.
  6. minus08

I didnt buy a new gasket. But if it comes with a "bracket" like you say how in the world would the bracket attach. As you can see from the photos, there are no other screws in the tub that would hold a bracket on the backside of the overflow tube
  7. minus08

Is the only thing hold the gasket against the tub the pressure from the overflow tube ? I tried slightly to push the overflow tube back to relieve the compression against the gasket so I can try to align gasket better. But the overflow tube did not move(at least with the minimal push I put on...
  8. minus08

Thanks for the info. There is a tight seal even though it is not centered. After just cleaning some of the tub crud I'll leave it be. Glad to see the big bossman gets involved in minor issues.
  9. minus08

Was looking at one of my bathtub overflow plates. I took the cover off --in the last photo---to expose the overflow tube. Isnt the gray gasket(shown by red arrow) suppose to be like equal distance around the hole in the tub. And shouldn't part of the gasket be on the outside(tub surface)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks