Search results

1. LaneH

Under-counter water filter plumbing question

I am planning to install an under-sink water filter in my kitchen which will tee off from the 1/2" copper cold water line to a cold water dispenser with a 1/4" inlet. My water supply comes from a gravity-fed spring and the water pressure is on the low side (24 psi in the basement). My...
  2. LaneH

Gravity fed spring water system

Yes, the tank is leaking and I don't want to replace it if there's no benefit in having one. After studying things out, I have decided to take valveman's advice and use a csv with a booster pump to get 50 psi. I'll probably get the pside-kick unit. A few questions for now: 1) valveman, you...
  3. LaneH

Thanks valveman, I really appreciate the input. That sounds like a good plan and I think I can handle a couple bucks a month added to my power bill. I looked at your website and I'm going to study this out some more. I'll probably have some questions. Thanks again.
  4. LaneH

Temporary dishwasher installation with no sink possible?

Okay thanks. I'm not at home so it will be later tomorrow before I can get the picture posted (assuming I can figure out how to post a pic!).
  5. LaneH

Great, thanks for the input! I've never used an air gap. So I was planning to loop the dishwasher drain high and then down to the p-trap. Does the pipe above the p-trap need to be reduced so it is an air tight fit with the drain hose, or can it just slide in loose like the clothes washer...
  6. LaneH

You guys seem like a handy bunch and the more I study plumbing the more I realize how little I know! Anyway, I've got a substantial leak from a rusted galvanized storage tank in my basement that I need to get fixed. But I don't know if I want to keep the same system that was installed before I...
  7. LaneH

We're remodeling the kitchen and put in new cabinets. The sink we want won't be available for at least another month. My old double sink is too big to use until we get the new sink. I'm tired of paper plates, washing dishes in the bathroom, and eating pizza three nights a week! Is there any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks