Search results

1. Not Handy Mike

Crown Aruba air blockage

Thanks for the replies. No it is not the vent cap (bike tire cap). It is the 1" drain for vacating the system. I think the plastic cap on the vent was just left resting loosely on the vent to prevent dirt from dropping in. I will buy a cap for the drain and see what happens. Again, I really...
  2. Not Handy Mike

Crown Aruba air blockage

Hey, I'm back again. After several days, the boiler lost some pressure again and flow to the second floor dropped off. Added mote water to get the pressure back up, but also noticed the drain valve is leaking. I briefly flushed it as part of my early diagnostics and wonder if some crud got stuck...
  3. Not Handy Mike

Crown Aruba air blockage

Yep, there is a vent above the Filtrol tank.It has a plastic cap like you find on a bicycle tire on it. No air is coming out, but I remember when I was having the no flow problem, there was water on top of it and on the ground below it. It seemed like water had burped out of the vent. Maybe I'll...
  4. Not Handy Mike

Crown Aruba air blockage

Thanks and status Thanks for the replies. They are very helpful! Pressure was low -- around 10psi, so I added water until it raised to about 16 psi. Flow has begun to the upper level and we have some heat. it does not feel as hot as normal, but does seem to be increasing over time. I can not...
  5. Not Handy Mike

Crown Aruba air blockage

I have a crown aruba boiler and after experiencing gurgling for a few days, the hot water is not making its way to the second floor baseboards. I feel hot water on both sides of the solenoid valve for this zone, but a few inches further up the pip it gets cold. I am thinking I may have a air...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks