Search results

1. guyinsb

Looking for Lasco shower/tub parts

Once the grommet has been inserted, small "tabs" in the sleeve are forced into the interior of the sleeve, making it impossible to insert the pipe through the grommet. I guess the hole in the wall of the shower needs to have "notches" filed to permit the insertion of the grommets without...
  2. guyinsb

Looking for Lasco shower/tub parts

The ebay seller does in fact have the correct part. However, the grommet has two "catches" along the sleeve which can make installation tricky. I own an apartment built in 1977 with 36 shower stalls, each with the small towel bar insert, each with degraded or incorrectly installed grommets...
  3. guyinsb

Shower valve identification

I would like to identify a shower valve, installed about 1982. My guess is that it is a ceramic disc variety; no leaks in 30 years. But the trim is starting to tarnish, and I would like the option of replacing the trim. I would also like to get some spares for disc (or...
  4. guyinsb

Shower faucet without plaster ground

Moen plaster guard The plaster guard does indeed serve a use. There is a gasket on the back of the circular chrome trim which needs to butt up against something firm to create a good seal. Without the firm fit, the gasket will sort of work, but at some point in the future (22 years for one...
  5. guyinsb

Stems replaced, shower still drips. Old American Standard stems.

Yeah, I got that stem too I maintain an apartment with a dozen of those old American Standard shower valves. I have replaced stems many times, always able to stop the drips. Only infrequently have I had to replace the barrel (which incorporates the "seat"). But in a tough case like this, I...
  6. guyinsb

American Standard Diverter Problems

I have the same problem Look familiar?: https://picasaweb.google.com/112652995081934659158/FinishPlumbing#5699884034768783154 But in my case, the end of the diverter stem is just metal; no washer or seal. I suspect there must be a washer that fits inside the seat, to produce a water...
  7. guyinsb

Problem replacing American Standard shower diverter stem.

I got the seat out I did indeed get the seat out, using the standard cheap seat tool and smacking it a bit with a hammer to get it to bite into the seat (which created enough purchase to torque out the seat). Put in a new seat, new diverter (stem and barrel). Alas, still drips from spout...
  8. guyinsb

Not so fast My verdict was premature. If there is just a small amount of pressure, all is fine. But normal folks turn on hot and cold with plenty of flow, then want to adjust for temperature. In that case, water drizzles out of the shower head, even if the tub spout is fully open. So I...
  9. guyinsb

Update on diverter repair My attempt to remove the seat was futile; the seat would not budge. I decided to eliminate the diverter entirely; I cut off the end of the diverter, then put it (minus the barrel) back in the shower body (just to act as a stopper). I then replaced the old tub spout...
  10. guyinsb

Removing old diverter stem The comments in this thread have helped. I was able to remove the diverter stem, but only after much trepidation.A bit of wasted water from the tub spout during showers is a minor issue; wrecking the shower body means replacing it,plus installing new tile ($1000?)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks