Search results

1. thompsonblake

In joist heating efficiency different substrates

Hey guys plumbing apprentice here, putting in joist radiant in my main level about 1000 sqf. About 40% of the flooring is ceramic tile and 60% hardwood. I know hardwood isn't ideal for efficiency, but id prefer to have it everywhere than have a combo of baseboard and radiant. Now for the big...
  2. thompsonblake

Buderus G115 and Tekmar 260

Hey guys, am installing two buderus g115s in a duplex that run independently of one another. I could go on and on in detail (and will do happily at request) but my main question is about the best control system to use. I am a plumbing apprentice and my company brings in a burner tech to do...
  3. thompsonblake

Snow melt system

T_Hartigan, i think the heat exchange makes the most sense. I have personally never used one before although i am familiar with them. Just for clarification i should run my glycol loop in one half the of the exchanger and s small hot loop from boiler on the other side. Do you recommend pumps on...
  4. thompsonblake

Snow melt system

Thanks guys was considering a manual fill as well, or just getting a small pump to fill the system. I was planning on using a heat exchanger on the supply and return lines to decrease the initial temperature of the fluid before it hits the concrete to avoid shock and fracturing. My only other...
  5. thompsonblake

Adding Glycol to snow melt system

Thanks for your help Jim, i think the heat exchanger sounds best as well as i don't want to decrease the efficiency off the whole system by running glycol through it. Would a heat exchanger with a closed loop from the boiler on one side and the supply to my smowmelt headers on the other, be...
  6. thompsonblake

Snow melt system

Currently working on installing a closed loop snowmelt system for a driveway roughly 38x18. Using 3 loops (1 zone) at around 300 feet runs (3/4 HePex, 9 inch centres) Im adding this system to an existing boiler that does have enough BTUs to heat the system. Laying the pipe and building the...
  7. thompsonblake

Adding Glycol to snow melt system

Currently working on installing a closed loop snowmelt system for a driveway roughly 38x18. Using 3 loops (1 zone) at around 300 feet runs (3/4 HePex, 9 inch centres) Im adding this system to an existing boiler that does have enough BTUs to heat the system. Laying the pipe and building the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks