Search results

1. jgurland

Solenoid can work when it wants to - what's up?

Thanks, Don. Here's another update: After I cleaned up the sail switch it worked for a while then quit again. But I think I've got it figured out: There's a metal bracket that's part of the humidistat that goes into the duct and sits directly below the sail. The sail is made of a thin...
  2. jgurland

Don, looks like you're the man today! I just pulled the humidistat out of the return and the sail switch (especially the sail itself) was caked with dust and, as you suggested, stuck in the open position. You made that suggestion more than once but I didn't catch on the first time. I vacuumed...
  3. jgurland

HJ - thank you. Obviously I know very little about this topic, so please bear with me. (By the way, all ghosts were removed from the house when I bought it, so they're definitely not controlling the solenoid any longer.) It sounds like the humidifier may be wired incorrectly. Let me see if I...
  4. jgurland

Don- I do have A/C. I have two thermostats (it's a zone-maker system) and they both have "fan on" switches. I assume you're talking about the control that has the options for fan on, off, and auto. And yes, the switches work. The humidistat is a Honeywell. It doesn't have a model number...
  5. jgurland

Thanks for the replies, guys. So it sounds like the following is true: A. The solenoid is probably good. B. The controls are designed for controlling the fan assembly but are probably controlling the humidifier. C. It's only going to work correctly if the fan and differential knobs are...
  6. jgurland

Hi everyone- I have a furnace mounted humidifier question. My unit doesn't have a name or model number on it, so I'm not sure who made it. There's a company name inside, probably of the seller and/or installer, but I can't find them. (See pictures attached - one is the inside of the unit and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks