Search results

1. T

grounding outdoor ethernet cables

Thanks for the response. In answer to your question: The property is in an off grid location. Each building has a ground rod to which everything in each buildings is grounded including the building wiring, the inverters, and (in the case of the main building) a Hughes satellite dish. There is...
  2. T

That's what L-Com told me too. They said to consider them disposable, but $75 each sounds like a pretty expensive disposable item--especially when several severe lightning storms a year are to be expected in my area. L-Com also suggested that there were other alternatives to their product for...
  3. T

I have a shielded, outdoor ethernet cable running between two rural buildings. The Cat5 cable is shielded with a metallic sheath and has a drain line running through it to both ends for grounding purposes. I bought two L-Comm weatherproof lightning surge protectors and installed one at each...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks