Search results

1. C Williams

Perplexed by a dishwasher drain

I've plumbed a 3/4" dishwasher wye into my kitchen drain. When I received the dishwasher I found that the rubber end of the corrugated plastic drain line can mate with a 5/8" drain or a 1" drain. There is no way I can clamp the 1" rubber female fitting over male 3/4" wye and have it not leak...
  2. C Williams

Tub Drain - Factory faux pas

Credit where credit is due. I called Maax in Quebec this morning and explained the problem to their customer service department. They asked me to email them photos along with the serial number. Shortly after I received a call back from them. They told me that they would send out a service...
  3. C Williams

Agreed. Thank you.
  4. C Williams

We special ordered a Maax tub for a new build and after 8 weeks it finally arrived. Today, while prefitting the drain and overflow, I see that the top surface around the drain is not coplaner with the machined surface under the drain. Unfortunately the difference is substantial and there is no...
  5. C Williams

Vent in cathedral ceiling

I need to run a 12' long 1 1/2" vent up slope in a cathedral ceiling. When completed there will be 14" of bat insulation above the drywall and another 4" of open space for roof venting above the insulation. Am I best to run the vent line tight to the drywall, mid insulation or above the...
  6. C Williams

Jetted Tub Repair

FWIW: Totally doable. Not my finest work but it doesn't leak after an hour of running the whirlpool. Just publicly highfiving myself. :cool:
  7. C Williams

Jetted Tub Repair

I have a jetted tub which has a small leak in one of the slip wyes. The joint is misaligned and I suspect it has been leaking since installed. The tub is in excellent condition so I would like to try to repair before sending it to the landfill. Here is my plan. Cut the sched 40 1" line 1/2"...
  8. C Williams

Temporary Toilet Install

Thanks houptee, The Canadian Home Depot doesn't sell either product but our local wholesaler carries Sioux Chief so I will check with them.
  9. C Williams

Temporary Toilet Install

Thanks HJ, Jadnashua, and Houptee. Hj's answer sounds good. I knew someone here would make me aware of a product that I didn't know existed. Now I just need to lay my hands on a compression fit flange that fits inside a 4" abs pipe. Since it is a compression fitting I'm assuming I don't...
  10. C Williams

Temporary Toilet Install

So I’ve build our new house in a remote community in BC. The house is now to lock up, the plumbing is in and I’m just working on electrical. At my glacial pace we have a long haul ahead of us but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. We are not living there yet but are there daily working...
  11. C Williams

Curbless shower rough in

Thanks Jim, Excellent point.
  12. C Williams

Curbless shower rough in

Love it! Thanks John, My slab is only 4" thick so I guess I could just forgo the concrete in the shower area and just leave exposed Insulation. What about drain rough in? Just box it in like a normal tub?
  13. C Williams

Curbless shower rough in

I'm at the point of under slab rough in and looking for some advice before we pour the house slab. I'm wanting to construct a curbless shower stall (54"x 36") and wondering what my best approach would be. The finishing in the bathroom will be the acid etched concrete slab with a tiled shower...
  14. C Williams

Heat Recovery Unit for shower

Thank you! Nothing like real world experience.
  15. C Williams

Your recovery time may be shorter but I can see no cost savings here. It strikes me as an inefficent use of space and money. Given that your "holding tank" will be absorbing BTUs from a conditioned space, a space that you paid to condition, there is no net gain in BTUs. You're not capturing...
  16. C Williams

For clarification, it is the water supply line that is split into multiple channels not the drain. The drain portion is simply a straight cooper pipe with an i.d. of 2", 3", 4", or 6" (Available PowerPipe sizes) Try www.watercycles.ca/ It seems that most of the references I have found...
  17. C Williams

Wow. I had no idea this forum was so widely read. Thank you to all who read and replied. Admittedly I don't take "hour power showers" but I liked the rhyme. More accurately, I am planning a new home in a rural location on Vancouver Island so my water will be drawn from a chilly well...
  18. C Williams

Here is a 2007 study by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. Drainwater Heat Recovery Performance Testing at CCHT Some Canadian provinces are offerring rebates for these.
  19. C Williams

I love showers. I love long showers. Let's say I take an "hour power shower". With that in mind I've been thinking of installing a heat recovery drain system for an upstairs shower. I'm currently thinking of "Power Pipe" but I'm sure there are others. First, does anyone here have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks