Search results

1. bikeythekid

recirculation system issues....Too much of a good thing

Interesting... I'm not sure the plumber put check valves on the recirculation system at all. We do have spring check valves at the cold supply line as well as an expansion tank and thermal loop. Wouldn't that stop any cross connection into the cold line? There's no doubt there is pressure...
  2. bikeythekid

I've checked every thermostatic shower body, installed check valves on the pipes of every thermo. shower body but one, doubled up check valves near the hw tank as well as added one of those tanks that catches the overflow from too much pressure and insulated plus a 3 foot thermo loop. I turned...
  3. bikeythekid

Hello all- I have just finished (well almost finished) a renovation of a 6 story single family townhouse. The house is 16feet by 62 feet. Two recirculation loops were installed for the front and rear of the house controlled by a Grundfos timer. The plumber installed the hot cold and...
  4. bikeythekid

pipe insulation for cold water

I wish I knew how. I'm one of the six people trying to move in. The contractor just wants to shoot in cellulose insulation into the walls but I don't think that will do anything and then we would have made accessing the pipes that much more difficult.
  5. bikeythekid

Thanks for the actionable advice. Now if I could only find my time machine......
  6. bikeythekid

Hello- I have uninsulated cold and hot water pipes running together with heating pex close by for a 60 foot chase. As a result water in the morning is warm for about 4 minutes and the refresh rate on warming it up again is around 6 hours. Regardless, there is no real chill to the...
  7. bikeythekid

purging warm water from cold line

Hello to everyone- I sure hope someone out there can help me out. There is a house, 7 stories including basement, just under 15 feet wide (welcome to NYC). the cold line was uninsulated and goes up a chase with radiant heat lines, hot water line and hot water recirculator line (dedicated...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks