Search results

1. runswithscissors

Problem with Laundry Drain. Photos Included.

Does anyone know where I can find the that was referenced earlier. I did a google search....and nothing comes up. Or, is there another suitable item. Thanks
  2. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Thanks for the input....the photo is NOT what I am doing. I posted it to show the layout in general. If you were to imagine bringing both arms to INSIDE the bay where the double fixture fitting will be centered...and have each arm stub out touching the studs to the right and to the...
  3. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Is that to the center of the pipe ?? If so I'm really close...might hit nails....I have a cat's paw...but window is in... Also, Terry suggested that I use a Fernco Hub donut...see pic in previous post....but the only one I could find withing 100 miles was this style...and it doesn't have the...
  4. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Wow, you guys are terrific !!!! And burnin' the midnight oil like me...yikes!!!!! Although having two trap arms may be overkill...I would hope that you would agree with my previous "reasoning" - coupled with all the "dangling" hoses of the new single handle spray faucet we are going to get, I...
  5. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

I am adding this to my previous post to see if someone can let me know if I can/should do it this way. Here is a picture that dlarrivee posted in another "TL" thread called "A few code questions" ... This is what I tried to explain that wanted to do for the new install of our double kitchen...
  6. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Thanks HJ....I will take your advice!!! So now what would you do?? Looking at the pic, I can only go left with the drain. I can put the vent straight up and elbow it right or left...I have the 42" by an inch. Or I could go straight to the right from the sink arm and up that narrow bay....or...
  7. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

I should have started out by saying that we are swapping rooms. We are moving kitchen to where the dining room was and vice versa. We cut away the peninsula that separated our "one butt" kitchen from the adjoining dining room. That left an open room for both. The sink is now to the left about...
  8. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Yes,...we had a "one butt" kitchen with an island separating it from dining room. We removed the island, and now have a huge open space. We are putting the kitchen where the dining room was. So the sink gets moved 15 feet left to where you see it...and we didn't want to run the drain thru the...
  9. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Whoa....hold on. Don't beat me up too bad. For starters, it WAS a 2x4 wall holding the roof over a small portion of the kitchen. I removed the old single pane garden window there and removed all the exterior stucco....and then removed all the old 2x4 studs...AND then built a NEW wall using...
  10. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

OK...great. And is this the Double Fixture Cross ? At Home Depot, they call it this: NIBCO 2 in. x 1-1/2 in. x 1-1/2 in. ABS DWV All-Hub Double Fixture Sanitary Tee Here is a picture of it from their website: Is that the right one? So...after all your great advice, I will make the drain...
  11. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Yup...our house is a 1963 tract home built just before ABS was the thing to use. And YES, where I intend to tie this new kitchen waste drain to...is at the washer drain standpipe. And it is 3" CI with a 1 1/2" gal. pipe leaded in. Guess I'll have to remove the gal. pipe...clean out the lead...
  12. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Here is another pic...showing the vent better
  13. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Ok, here is the pic showing what we think will work and meet code...based on my previous detailed posting and on Terry's "New Construction" picture in the thread above. I would prefer to use 1 1/2" ABS for EVERYTHING....so that I can keep the 2x6 studs as thick as possible....BUT if you...
  14. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Here is a picture of the double kitchen sink on a temp stand. Disposer will go on right, and we think that having 2 P-Traps going into their own drain arms would be best. To keep things clear, and to free up under counter space. (plus it might just be code out here now...we don't know) Are we...
  15. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

Thanks for the quick reply.... Just caught nasty cold last night...so I'll try to mock something up today. But just in case I can't it would basically look like the New construction photo above. Except: 1. I would bring the arms in closer to the double fixture cross - to align with the...
  16. runswithscissors

Roughing in kitchen sink

We are remodeling our kitchen and are installing a double kitchen sink under a 4' wide window. We would like to have separate P traps...one for the sink and one for the disposer....and each going into their own drain arms. I have re-framed the exterior wall on that side with 2x6 studs to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks