Search results

1. ditttohead

Issues with upflow uranium/water softener system

Sorry all, it has been the busiest year of my life and finding time to post regularly here is difficult to say the least. I know many of the regulars here know me well, but this has been kept very quiet for over 2 years while we finalize it...
  2. ditttohead

Arsenic Removal

This would have been an ideal application for a combo system, anion/cation with arsenic selective anion resin... Other reduction methods are available but since you already have the need for a softener this would have been a good choice.
  3. ditttohead

No water after softener install

Triple check the flow direction, run the system through a couple of complete regenerations. What system do you have?
  4. ditttohead

Need help deciding on right component for the system

Lots to unpack but in general, municipal water with iron... the iron will typically be in the ferric state (solids) so simple physical filtration is usually adequate. Shoot me an email and I can go into greater detail... Blending certain medias can be an acceptable solution so long as the media...
  5. ditttohead

Replacing non backwashing Clack valve with Fleck manual backwashing valve?

Stick with name brand ball valves or from very reputable source. One of my favorite companies... https://www.mcmaster.com/products/ball-valves/body-material~stainless-steel-1/threaded-on-off-valves-13/
  6. ditttohead

Iron filter for whole house including irrigation

We need to see a real, up to date complete water report in order to be able to even begin to guide you on a proper treatment method. Obviously, the softener is inadequate and improper since you are getting iron bleed by...
  7. ditttohead

Clack Drain Line Leaking at Polytube Elbow/Nut (new unit)

If you are using the supplied nut, that is designed for PX tubing,. not soft tubing.
  8. ditttohead

2510SXT Katalox Filter AIO - Air Intake Weak/Not Working

AIO and bacteria is a bad combo and should never be mixed... AIO3 is barely acceptable and can reduce problems but chlorine injection or ozone injection is recommended at minimum with some contact time.
  9. ditttohead

High iron (12ppm) and high Manganese (.44ppm)and slightly acidic water (6.5)

Raising the pH through soda ash injection is very simple, send me an email and I will send you over instructions on how to do it. Removing iron with low pH outside of a traditional ion exchange can be difficult. I would also recommend H2o2 over chlorine assuming you have no bacterial issues...
  10. ditttohead

Caresoft Elite says check salt

Post a picture of your unit please, thanks!
  11. ditttohead

Apologies for a Repair/Replace question

The unit you inquired about is a cheap knockoff... do not waste money on it. Can you post a picture of your existing system.
  12. ditttohead

Brown rust in bottom of salt tank, water softener

I would recommend rebedding the softeners media due to the potential for bacterial issues. Clean and sanitize the brine tank, mineral tank etc... post a picture of the system so we can let you know if it worth the time and effort.
  13. ditttohead

GE Genesis Premier Softener- Hard Water

Personally most would consider that a disposable softener not worth repairing. You could start throwing parts at it and it may be something simple but i do not know of any technicians that would even touch that unit.
  14. ditttohead

Clack 125 steady leak

New seal/spacer/piston, brine piston should fix this, likely a damaged seal, replace all the parts, they are reasonably priced and easy to replace.
  15. ditttohead

First time living on well water. Some help/advice needed.

Without a proper test, no real answers can be given. Get a test like the linked NTL test, I prefer the well standard. I review these tests many times a day and this company has been fairly good for many years. NTLWATERTEST As to an iron reduction system, this depends highly on many factors that...
  16. ditttohead

Questions/help with water softener recommendations Clack CS vs Matrix

Your assumption is correct. Either should work great for you.
  17. ditttohead

Do I need more than a softener? Any "do it all" system out there?

This water is pretty lousy and proper treatment needs to be taken seriously. In my opinion, you should talk to a true pro, not a well driller who also does water treatment on the side. He should have discussed whole house RO. Radon may be at 35 today but what will it be in a month or two...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks