Search results

1. bingo

my 100-Amp panel is full, new panel or add subpanel?

Thanks all. I found the chart of allowable ampacities of conductors. It's no longer a part of the 2014 NEC as the rule became a calculation, but it is a good reference http://www.encorewire.com/wp-content/uploads/wire_size_table.htm60A In my case I'm going to put in a 125A panel as a sub and...
  2. bingo

Gas appliances = yes: water heater, furnace, the new oven is a dual fuel range (gas burners, electric oven)
  3. bingo

Thanks for the replies. Just looking at the wires from the meter box to the house and if there was no main breaker panel installed at all - how does somebody figure out what service they have? In my case I have two #3 AWG copper (stranded) in conduit (above ground) in Oregon's mild climate...
  4. bingo

Thanks Stuff. So since I have two #3 copper wires, I would have 200-Amp service but the 100-amp main breaker and panel keep me at 100 until it's replaced? While I only need just over 100 amps, is there any reason (besides material cost) to not put in a 200A panel? Since 200 are so common, it...
  5. bingo

The main panel for my 1600 sq ft. house is a 100-Amp Challenger SB10 12-space 20 circuit. The breakers are a mix of Challenger, Cutler-Hammer and Eaton BR type. The bedroom receptacles are on AFCI breakers. There is an inspection sticker on the box dated 2005, which was the time of a remodel and...
  6. bingo

Transition fitting from CPVC to PEX

Hi all and thanks....so would that thing proposed by Redwood and seconded by Terry be a standard/widely available item (ie Big Orange Box) or do I need to make the separate trip to my plumbing house? Would it just be called a CPVC to brass male thread adapter? CPVC takes a specific adhesive...
  7. bingo

Transition fitting from CPVC to PEX

Hi I'm remodeling a bath and in the wall I am suprised to see CPVC running up to the shower valve. The rest of the house is copper so I'm guessing this was an earlier remodel. The CPVC is in pretty a poorly braced condition and since I have to replace and relocate the valve I want to get...
  8. bingo

3 function valve (spout, handheld, wall mount)

Hi I'm a GC and my plumber doesn't keep up with new products very well so maybe some of you guys/gals have some ideas. For a bathtub with shower, my customer wants a tub spout and for most of her use a standard wall mount showerhead. But she also wants a handheld shower for cleaning the...
  9. bingo

Sewer cleanout outside house is 8 inches too tall

thanks! Will do and report back any weirdness... sr
  10. bingo

HJ and all - trying to get a response Hi I don't mean to press but it has been a week and I didn't hear back from HJ or another plumbing expert. Can someone read my original post and my follow-up and help me sort things out? I'm doing this tomorrow! thanks
  11. bingo

PS It's cast iron... Hi HJ So you think the valve box isn't a good idea? I'm afraid of people not knowing where this cleanout is in the future... you say "...glue on a female adapter"> I guess I should have been more clear: it is a 1920s house and the sewer cleanout is cast iron. That's...
  12. bingo

Hi all The cast iron sewer cleanout for my house is in a bad spot to be sticking up so high. It is about 10 feet outside my foundation wall and appears to be a 3" pipe sticking vertically out of the ground. But the pipe has a fitting that enlarges to a 4" at the end (just before where the...
  13. bingo

reducing toilet drain

Code question: reducing in the toilet drain I am replumbing my 1st floor bath and have lots of headroom (altitude) in my basement ceiling below. Because of my need to come off the top of the trap arm in the basement with a 2 inch vent, I think that I need the piping to drop down below the floor...
  14. bingo

Advice for drilling for 3-inch waste

Thanks! Yeah, these are 1916 "old school" 2x4s. So if I'm following what you are saying: I should cut out a 3 9/16ths section of the top plate (and hope that the siding and the sheetrock holds the exterior wall up!). This is definately going to be inspected...is a building inspector...
  15. bingo

Advice for drilling for 3-inch waste

Hello It didn't take me long to discover that I like self-feeding bits for drilling through studs and plates for my vent and drain lines. I have a medium duty 1/2" Dewalt right angle drill (DW120K, I couldn't justify buying a Hawg). What advice can you all offer me for drilling the hole...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks