Search results

1. dweller

Lost one phase of 200 amp service panel, power company says they are providing fully

Thought i'd check in and update. Problem found, now waiting for repair. Turns out the underground wire from the meter is in conduit and has failed, water is entering it somehow, collecting and flowing into the waterproof box where the connections are btwn the underground and my service wire...
  2. dweller

Lost one phase of 200 amp service panel, power company says they are providing fully

Thanks for that, not sure what i can do with it, but thanks for offering your advice. As far as i know, the wire i bought (4/0) was the correct one to connect to the wire underground, and the clamps were sold to me to hook them together. i'll take a close look at it. dp
  3. dweller

Okay, you are thinking along my same lines, narrowing down the possibilities. I'll check the junction. I don't think the new wire is failed, the underground is more likely a culprit in this scenario, altho nothing has disturbed it in the time i've been here, no digging, etc. thanks for your...
  4. dweller

yes, meter at property line, ~25' underground to the underside of my home. There it is joined with new 4/0 wire traveling ~25' to the back of my home where the service panel is. That 2nd 25' is enclosed in conduit, and the junction btwn underground and conduit is enclosed in a waterproof box...
  5. dweller

poco checked at the meter and below at the main, found full power, i watched him and discussed possibilities of where the loss could be, he thinks underground. I've tested at the main breaker of inside service panel, and have 130v and 40v on both main wire connections at my main shutoff of...
  6. dweller

I guess i wasn't thinking worst case scenario? Initially lights were dimmed/brightened fairly cyclic, every 7-8 minutes or so. So was trying to determine what was pulling power, flipping off breakers to see what made the dimming quit. Found a bad 20amp breaker on the lights that were dimming and...
  7. dweller

i'll have electrician check it thanks for your help dp
  8. dweller

okay, turned off the breakers to wh and dryer and have 130v on one phase, 12-14v on the other. turned off all breakers and have 130v on one phase, 39.5v dropping to <33v on the other - 177v before main breaker turned back on the dryer breaker - 130v on one, 18v on the other turned off dryer, wh...
  9. dweller

Okay, thanks, that i can do. Will check in the morning and report back. Appreciate the info. dp
  10. dweller

This problem came up last week and I found it coming home when noticed the motion detected light in drive was dim. Porch light also dim. Came in and found fridge lights dim. Started looking about and finding receptacles not working, or barely working, and then working fine again. Appears the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks