Search results

1. dmendiol

Salt Setting on 5600 Econominder

Finished installing a 64k Fleck 5600 Econominder. After reading the install instructions, I set the dial with water hardness (20) and people (6); however, the salt setting label on the cover mentions that it is set at 18lbs. I read a couple of posts and used Gary's calculator to locate the...
  2. dmendiol

2510SXT vs. 7000SXT

I was leaning towards the 7000 until the salesperson indicated that they have been having problems with that valve. The 2510 is $915 and the 7000 is about $750 with 2.5 cuft resin. Have you been having problems with the 7000? Is the 2510 a better valve?
  3. dmendiol

Water consumption increase?

I increased my salt setting from 6 to 10 lbs. my water softener is undersized so it regens every 3-4 days. I think it was about once a week with the old setting.My water bill almost doubled! Yikes! How much water does a regen cycle consume? I checked for a leaky pipes and all looks ok. I think...
  4. dmendiol

Still seeing a bit of resin...

I am a still seeing a little bit of resin coming from the kitchen faucet. I can only think that I did not tighten the screws of the bottom basket enough. How tight should they be? I remember there was a black ball inside and I only tightened the screws so there could be some play on the ball...
  5. dmendiol

Salt setting?

What is the correct salt setting for 6 people, 20 gpm?
  6. dmendiol

Water too high

This forum is great! Thanks for all the help. This morning I checked everything and the brine tank is too high, about half full. I don't remember it being this high. Here's what I did: 1. I installed the resin. 2. Washed the brine tank 3. Put settings at 20 grains for 5, salt at 12 lbs(...
  7. dmendiol

Resin installation

I am going to put in the resin this weekend. Do I use the same the salt and brine solution that has been sitting in the brine maker? Or do I start from scratch, i.e. water, bleach, etc.?
  8. dmendiol

Resin in House Plumbing

Brand: Turbo Soft made by Cuno Industries Model: 56MT480 Problem: Resin flowed into the house plumbing lines I moved the unit several weeks ago to a “better†location; I only disconnected the supply lines to move it. Within hours after the move, I noticed clogged aerators. According to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks