Search results

1. jpb123

Vent requirement for basement floor drain (Canada)

Can the trap arm be less than 18" if it is within a certain distance of a stack or vent?
  2. jpb123

Can you join 2 p-trap arms (horizontally) before the vent?

Bump....Terry, any reason why this isn't liked?
  3. jpb123

Running Vents through finished walls

Thanks so much cacher_chick. That helped a lot!
  4. jpb123

Running Vents through finished walls

Could someone explain to me how to line up holes in the floor plate and top plate of a finished wall (accessed from the basement and the attic) to run a 2" vent? I am leaning towards running a vent to an existing stack in my attic rather than installing an aav and thinking about how I am going...
  5. jpb123

Basement Plumbing Layout Review

Ok, here is the updated drawing. Are the changes I made acceptable? They are: -Connected the sink drain to the bathtub trap arm to use as a vent before the bathtub trap arm connects to the shower drain. Then have both drains connect to the toilet drain line before making one connection for...
  6. jpb123

2" Stack Vent

Thank you!
  7. jpb123

Ok, no floor drain near the washer it is :D. The other floor drain will be for furnace condensate and for the water heater pressure relief in case it is ever needed so I think it's a necessity. I appreciate your help and I'll update my drawing tomorrow to better explain my questions.
  8. jpb123

2" Stack Vent

I probably should clarify that the stack comes out of the basement floor as a 3" stack until just above the toilet discharge and reduces to a 2" line up to the sink and through the roof. Not sure it this matters or not.
  9. jpb123

2" Stack Vent

How many fixture units can a 2" stack vent serve. I have a 3" stack that serves a full bathroom on one side side of my house, a 1.5 inch stack that serves a kitchen and a 2" stack that serves one toilet and a sink. I am considering connecting my basement bathroom addition to the 2" stack...
  10. jpb123

Thanks Cacher_chick. I don't know how deep the floor drains are or how deep the main service line is but there is a floor drain already in place at the point where I want to put the new floor drain/washing machine/utility sink. Is there an opinion from the plumbing community on using the check...
  11. jpb123

Thanks Terry. That was a nice link. Very informative. I just realized that I had the shower drain connected to the tub drain before the vent/sink drain. I assume that I need to have the toilet, floor drain, and bathtub drain connect individually to the 3 inch drain line, correct? Could you or...
  12. jpb123

Could someone please review the attached sketch of how I would like to plumb my basement bathroom? The only existing lines in the drawing is the 4" building drain that runs from the exterior wall of my home to a tee where a 3" drain runs toward a 3" stack that feeds an upstairs bathroom and a...
  13. jpb123

Basement Plumbing Layout

Thanks for your response. I was going to drain the sink that will be located near the toilet through the 2" vent line. In regards to the tub and shower that will be adjacent to each other, what is the best way to have them share a drain line and share a vent? Would it be for the tub to drain...
  14. jpb123

Basement Plumbing Layout

Thanks! So I need to move the wye connection between the toilet vent and the main connection to the 3" line? Is everything else ok then?
  15. jpb123

Basement Plumbing Layout

Hello, First post here. I am currently finishing my basement and have come to the stage of laying out the bathroom/laundry room. Please see the attached drawing. My home has a lateral sewer that is either a 3" or 4" (not sure, was built in 1953). This lateral tees off to a 3" stack that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks