Search results

1. Kaylw022

Removed 50 year old toilet and the flange situation is bad....

I think I made some progress... I was able to scrape away some more putty and removed the bolts so putting in new ones will work. I measured and the flange is 3/8 in. above the concrete floor beneath the tiles. There are actually two layers of "vinyl" tiles (combined measure 1/4 in), one an...
  2. Kaylw022

Appreciate all the advice so far, please keep it coming. I got most of the old putty off and the flange looks like it's in good shape, but the bolts don't appear to be anything I could remove. The bolts also look good, but not so sure about reusing those.... Here are some updated pics...
  3. Kaylw022

Do you think they used all that putty instead of a wax ring?
  4. Kaylw022

Thanks for the tip, it might be plumbers putty... I took the rag out to take another pic and more of it started to crumble, even the parts I thought were really solid. Another pick below. If it is just a lot of plumbers putty am I ok chipping it all off and trying to see what's under that...
  5. Kaylw022

I just removed a 50 year old toilet and the flange situation was not what I expected. It looks like concrete or something around the flange. There is some material all over the bolts, but it does not look anything like pics of old wax rings. Some of the material is very hard, some very dry...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks