Search results

1. DG624

Remove Sink Legs

I called American Standard and received an affirmative reply when I asked if I could go without legs...but I have not been able to give them and exact model number. I think I can strengthen the attachment by creating more bolt hole attachments at the rear but I would have to drill two openings...
  2. DG624

Remove Sink Legs

If I strengthen the attachment with more bolts will that be enough? The sink is not cast iron so it is probably half the weight.
  3. DG624

Remove Sink Legs

I have an American Standard sink from 1952 but I don't like the legs and towel racks. Can I remove them without weakening the attachment to the wall?
  4. DG624

Low Flow Conversion

Can I keep my old toilet and add a different mechanism to reduce the flow rate? I have seen these in hardware stores. Also is it possible to replace the tank from a newer toilet to an older base?
  5. DG624

Bathtub refinishing experience?

Has anyone tried polishing the porcelain instead of painting it? It is similar to stone so it can be polished. I have tried different grades of sand paper and they work similar to polishing marble.
  6. DG624

Recycle old plumbing fixtures

If a sink and toilet are not reusable then what about shower stall parts or doors? I saw a place in CA that was for reusable hardware. That should be considered everywhere. This is why I have not replaced my bathroom...what to do with the replaced pieces.
  7. DG624

I was afraid of this. I could contact Habitat for Humanity or many the Salvation Army. Can old sinks be recovered with porcelin? Mine is chipped and rusting. The toilette is probably 15 years old and the other is over 50 years old. Can an old unit be made into a low flow unit?
  8. DG624

How do I recycle my old sink and toilette?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks