Search results

1. plumdum

Strange Big Box Store Advice

You fired the tile setter. Do you install the pans?
  2. plumdum

American Standard Cadet 3 toilet tank bolt rubber nipple washer leaking?

I had problems develop with this tank mounting system from A/S since they came out with it. There is no way to tighten the rubber washer to the tank itself due to the design of the washer protruding through the tank. The cadet 3's I have installed lately come with the bolts and washers already...
  3. plumdum

Tapping into 4" drain

hey, goof. it's an easy fix if you know the right hillbilly.
  4. plumdum

check valve problems

Thanks for the reply HJ. I was thinking the same, but I will put the whole scenario in front of you to see what you think. The pump on the 1st floor is connected to 1 1/2" sch 80 pvc, controlled by a pressure switch set at 50-30. The branch lines going to the humidifiers go down to 1/2". They...
  5. plumdum

check valve problems

I have 7 humidifiers on a roof of a 2 story building that are supplied from a pump on the 1st floor. I have now had my 4th failure in 2 years of a true union check valve nut manufactured by Colonial Valve. Water hammer breaking these or just bad material. Thanks
  6. plumdum

How do I attach trap to this?

How about cutting the copper behind the solder and and sweat a male adapter on? Then you can adapt your trap arm to it. I did this many times on an old building I used to work at when the chrome tube rotted out.
  7. plumdum

How to remove plastic pipe stuck inside copper pipe

The original poster does not want to learn how to solder copper. If he applies too much heat to the fitting, he could lose the solder joint. A wet rag around the solder joint will keep it from overheating.
  8. plumdum

Cast Iron Am I crazy?

We had to recently build a new hospital, because the cast iron that was put in place in the 1970s was going bad. Cut concrete in the kitchen area and the bottom of the pipe was gone. Constant clogs down the surgery hallway.
  9. plumdum

How to remove plastic pipe stuck inside copper pipe

So you don't have to do any soldering on copper. Take a wet rag and wrap it around the copper female adapter. Use a torch played at the top of the pvc male adapter that is broke off, just to get it soft. Then just use a screw driver or something similar and pry it out.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks