Search results

1. Bmaker

Oh where, oh where does that circuit go?

Probably not, since the switch is over by the back door, several feet from the sink. The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking it must be either a switched outlet or a circuit in the garage. Will check next time I'm over there.
  2. Bmaker

Hah! Best suggestion yet. I'll do that after trying the other ones above!
  3. Bmaker

No garbage disposal but there was an in-counter blender thingy that we got rid of. I checked that circuit but alas it was fed from a different breaker.
  4. Bmaker

There is a ceiling light but not a fan. Perhaps there used to be. Will check out this option.
  5. Bmaker

I checked some of the duplex outlets but maybe not all. Will try that.
  6. Bmaker

Doing a bit of remodeling on my daughter's kitchen. They have a switch on the wall that doesn't seem to control anything, although I can tell it is wired up to a hot circuit. I've checked all the outlets and lights in the immediate vicinity, even the garage and outdoors. Is there an...
  7. Bmaker

Controlling under-cabinet fluorescent fixtures with a wall switch

Four fixtures @ 13w ea = 52w. All done. Looks great!
  8. Bmaker

I appreciate your thoughts on this. I'm hoping you're right. But I want to make sure it's safe and code-compliant since it's my daughter's house!
  9. Bmaker

Thanks for the reply! Is the code concern that the "over the counter top" outlet is on a 20 amp breaker and lights only need 15 amp? Other than that I couldn't imagine that the NEC would care whether I plugged in a 60 watt table lamp (aka under-cabinet light) or a 1200 watt crock pot.
  10. Bmaker

I just installed a set of 4 under-cabinet fluorescent fixtures. These are GE's with T5 tubes. The fixtures come with a 3-prong plug so they have to be plugged in to their own receptacles or daisy chained together. I plugged in the first one and daisy-chained the other three with the connecting...
  11. Bmaker

General Ionics IQ0820B won't draw brine

Here's what I did on that. I removed the float and suction tube assembly from the sleeve in the salt tank. I then took it up to the kitchen when my wife wasn't around and dipped it into a pitcher of tap water. I sucked on the brine connection with the tube fully submerged and got a mouthful...
  12. Bmaker

Got the resin installed, put everything back together, flushed out the whole system (took about 10 minutes at about 3-4 gpm), then did a regen for good measure. Unfortunately, the brine still will not draw so I am back to the manual process of closing the bypass valve and then slowly opening it...
  13. Bmaker

Water too high

I wouldn't worry about removing the water from the brine tank unless it is in danger of overflowing. If it works the same as mine does, the float in the brine tank should shut off the water when it is refilling the brine tank after the regen cycle. I suggest watching the brine level during the...
  14. Bmaker

Well, I bought a set of seals for a Fleck 25x0 and they are too small. The GI seals are 1 3/8" OD and 1 1/8" ID; the Flecks are 1 1/4" OD and 1" ID. The opening in the valve body after taking off the controller is 1 3/8" ID. So, since I had it all apart I went ahead and pulled out all the...
  15. Bmaker

Didn't want to tear the front controller off to get this pic. Have done it before and I know the valve piston is a light green color. I'll see what I can find at a local dealer for the Fleck 25x0. Thanks!
  16. Bmaker

I measured as you suggested. Not exact due to the difficulties of getting my calipers in there, but I would say it's pretty close to 1 3/4". Perhaps a hair or two larger. This is at the flared out "flange" in contact with the back plate.
  17. Bmaker

Here are a few photos of my valve. Can you tell which one it is?
  18. Bmaker

Where can I get a set of seals and, more importantly, the special tools (seal hook, puller, and stuffer) needed to remove and re-install them (which I will need even if I just swap them out as you suggest)? I found these in a Fleck 2500 service manual on line, and the whole shebang looks...
  19. Bmaker

I have a 20 year-old GI unit that worked well until last month. During the regen cycle, when it gets to the brine draw step there is no vacuum on the brine draw tube. In fact, it actually leaks a little water out of the tube when I disconnect it from the float valve in the salt tank. However...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks