Search results

1. rmc115

Calcification on hot water lines

I posted here about a month ago about a compression valve that had been seeping and corroded. They also replaced the anode rod in my HWT. I had my plumber replace the valve and clean up the copper pipe. On to the next issue. I have several ball valves in my home that are if the...
  2. rmc115

Compression valve corrosion

Back for yet another plumbing issue. I have a compression valve that has apparently been leaking and causing some oxidation/corrosion for what seems like quite some time. I'm going to have my plumber come out to replace the valve, but I'm just wondering if this is something I should get on...
  3. rmc115

Leaking Boiler Drain

My washing machine supply lines are connected to 1/4 turn boiler drains in my laundry room. Recently, the cold water supply started to drip from underneath the black handle. The valve is a Legend brand and is identical to the one in the photo. There is a Phillips screw in the center of the...
  4. rmc115

"play" in copper pipe

I have a 40+ year old slab home with copper piping that runs horizontally in a sort of "manifold" between the bathroom and kitchen double walled void. I have been doing some remodeling work in the bathroom, which resulted in accidentally bumping the nipple/valve for the toilet supply. Not very...
  5. rmc115

Faucets with attached supply lines

For you experts out there... What is your opinion of kitchen faucets with factory-attached supplies? How about pex (i.e. the Delta attached supplies), vs. a braided flex line? Is one superior to the other, or would it be better to just go with a faucet that can be hard piped? (unfortunately...
  6. rmc115

Replacing 3/8 Faucet and Toilet stops on nipples

I am working on a bath remodel and replaced two of my shutoff valves and respective chrome plated brass nipples to my sink. I used BrassCraft 1/4 turn valves, but subsequently read that these valves (from HD) have a reputation for failing on occasion. I was able to get a few Dahl supplies...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks