Search results

1. CHOLLA BOB

Service Pole to Well House Underground Line Specs

I bought the 3/4 inch line and get the picture: do not wire a second line to the well house. If stopped about six feet from the well house or as close as possible, I could set up an outdoor plug which could be midway point to the container. This summer, I could run a 30 foot trench from this...
  2. CHOLLA BOB

Troubleshooting Well Pump Electric

Followup: Well running again. Electrician hooked up underground wire in conduit and everything is fine again. A short in the underground UF line had caused the problem. Thanked everybody on the electrical thread covering this...
  3. CHOLLA BOB

The only safety equipment the electrician wore was his Thinsulate rubber soled boots. When I asked how it is working in safety gear, he just laughed. He passed on using my dielectric rubber livestock feed bowl. It was ankle deep mud that day. I will go with running additional wire through the...
  4. CHOLLA BOB

After 24 hours of running water and well house breaker On, I believe that this problem is fixed! Finished conduit. Ran the four wires. Electrician hooked up and did some neat Liquid-tight conduit work in the well house. The water was not running until we found that inside the Franklin Control...
  5. CHOLLA BOB

Prevention of Electrocution in Weather

DC VERSUS HIGH AND LOW AC: How AC affects the body depends largely on frequency. Low-frequency (50- to 60-Hz) AC is used in US (60 Hz) and European (50 Hz) households; it can be more dangerous than high-frequency AC and is 3 to 5 times more dangerous than DC of the same voltage and amperage...
  6. CHOLLA BOB

I actually drove to Grainger's today and bought a pair of Voltage Rated Linesman Electric gloves (42 bucks). After reading the Salisbury pdf (as on the Electricity and Death thread) I imagined a seizing arc shock making my hound dog drool as she began to smell my heart getting well-done. Now I...
  7. CHOLLA BOB

The wife is actually going to help! She must be getting desperate. Filed the inside edges of conduit. Have a giant bottle of wire lube and reviewed pulling wire with 20 year veteran electric contractor today. He said I can pull through two conduit swing turns easy. If there is any point where I...
  8. CHOLLA BOB

Electrician back from vacation. When I told him that I was putting in Hot Hot Ground 10 gauge, he said there has to be a fourth Neutral. I had dropped the Neutral as he had said a sub-panel needed 8 gauge. Anyway, getting the 10 gauge neutral today as electrician says that we can run a low...
  9. CHOLLA BOB

Download the pdf in the upper right hand corner and you get an entire 560 page electrical text which may raise me above trench animal level. Invaluable. Right now just sizing up the gloves; luckily my electrician is back from vacation but unluckily the dirt road is snowbound. jwelectric's...
  10. CHOLLA BOB

Troubleshooting Well Pump Electric

I lived in a war zone in Brooklyn, but digging bunkers in Detroit; that is something.
  11. CHOLLA BOB

1" Schedule 40 is in the 60 foot trench with a curve glued on one end and the opposite end is the straight end. I have a piece of aluminum electric fence wire pulled through this length. Should I now pull a stronger, new piece of 1/4" marine poly through with the fence wire, for the final pull...
  12. CHOLLA BOB

I'm a qualified working unlicensed animal now! Spent two hours digging out stuck snowbound vehicles and now in the conduit trench surrounded by mud. Now all I need is a class on how to work with Michelin Man sized electrical gloves.
  13. CHOLLA BOB

I have some expired electronic devices that are now door stops. The question is how did the open neutral impact the APCs? I have the highest end models and the older one would beep, the newer one would register Events. Thought it was our country electric as there are tons of spikes and surges. I...
  14. CHOLLA BOB

Right next to that breaker was two wasps nests: the dirt volcano style nest on the buss bar. The open neutral was this FLY breaker which was not the well pump but the trailer electricity. It's the top breaker in the main box picture. The symptoms were half the trailer electricity flickering...
  15. CHOLLA BOB

Face Shield, Dielectric Mat, Fire Retardant Clothing, Rated Electrician's Gloves: sounds like the rated gloves are the most important buffer from ground/hot contact. At the main breaker box, a neutral/ground to hot shock would make a human conductor bonded? Neutral to hot would be the same...
  16. CHOLLA BOB

There are tungsten photographic bulbs still used. 1000 Volt rated gloves are 50 dollars at Summit Electric. Do these need a leather inner glove? http://www.summit.com/products/category/tools-workmans-apparel-equipment.php So if MacGyver had to improvise a dielectric mat; would a 3/4 inch thick...
  17. CHOLLA BOB

That breaker wreaked havoc on this place, destroying components, and finally killing half the electricity in the place. If you mean the breaker, it's out of commission. If the buss bar, then it could be the same problem working on the well breaker. With those wasp nests right on the bar...
  18. CHOLLA BOB

Will look for the mule tape. Probably using a wire to pull another would work well enough. I may have one problem cornered: the blown 15 amp breaker, that feeds the outdoor light and livestock water heater, which wants to stay OFF. A Lowes rep said the GFCIs are real hair-trigger with any...
  19. CHOLLA BOB

Will look for the mule tape. Probably using a wire to pull another is a good stock idea. I may have one problem cornered: the blown 15amp breaker that feeds the outdoor light and livestock water heater which wants to stay OFF. A Lowes rep said the GFCIs are real hair-trigger with any...
  20. CHOLLA BOB

I thought about this. What size line should I leave? Thought maybe this was not an option and glad to hear. Glad I went with the 1 inch as the electrician said it will leave options open ahead. Using the third wire would be fine to pull a new wire, another good option. Over the years, I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks