Search results

1. Trickydick

Water pipe for dmv

Thanks hj; that's what I assumed, but you know what can happen then lol. The pipe I have says 'potable water' and has a yellowish tint, is rated at a higher psi than dmv, and fits std. pvc fittings; I've had this stuff around about 20 yrs.
  2. Trickydick

Water pipe for dmv

Want to use some 1 1/2 in pvc water pipe that I had left-over from a previous project. Can I substitute this as a vent on a 2in drain? I realize it's not a good idea to mix these things, but isn't water pipe heavier anyway?
  3. Trickydick

Can I use threaded pvc adapter for future modification?

Would the residual glue have to be removed with cleaner before reuse? I've got a 1/2in drill, but woould the rpm matter? It's about 50yrs old and the old girl might not have much left. Thanx
  4. Trickydick

Thanks for the help. I agree, that pasco tool looks like you have to have a steady hand or you could ruin the fitting in no time. I saw a tool similar to what yoy posted; seems the inside pipe diameter helps guide it along. The price for this puppy is around $68, and that was a discounted price...
  5. Trickydick

Thanks for the advise. I need to reuse that hub in order to extend the 4" line about 6ft. to connet a 2" standpipe and a 1 1/2" drain for my laundry tub; I don't think I should have too much trouble with things collecting at the "lip"
  6. Trickydick

Thanks for all the help, didn't mean to cause such a fus; just looking for some friendly advise. you see I had alk my fittings and pipe ready to go and then I found this other info on the problems others have had with possible hub splittings. I think at this point I'll see what happens by using...
  7. Trickydick

Ok thanks for all of the advise, but let me clear-up a few things.These fittings are all 4"-do they make a 4" fitting saver? Secondly, that 4x2x4 wye butts-up to a 4x4x4 wye; you can see the vertical stack going down in bottom part of the photo; what might a 4" pasco fitting saver cost? Why...
  8. Trickydick

Problem is when originally installed, the female hub was butted smack-up against the wye hub leaving no room to cut-off and attach a coupling; the other end of the wye is smack-up against another wye that connedts the main stack; I need to extend this 4" line. Check-out the aerial shot that I...
  9. Trickydick

Sorry hj and diyfun, I ment my reply for hj's original response, but it went to the wrong place. But in reponse to hj's above reply, the clean out is on a female adapter. I was thinking of wrapping a hose clamp around the hub to protect it from the male adapter; shouldn't the male adapter work...
  10. Trickydick

Would this be a problem then if replacing a clean-out plug with a male adapter to extend my 4" drain? I'd have an awfu lot of 4" fittings to replace if I had to start over. Thanks
  11. Trickydick

CW & laundry sink connection

:)Thanks for everyones advise. It'll be a little close on keeping the right pitch, but everything should fit in fine.
  12. Trickydick

Bump. Would sure appreciate some clarification on the use of AAV's; I was planning on doing this job over the weekend. also is it better to use a cleaner and/or primer on connections? Thanks cacher_chick for the advice on the LT trap; I found just what you mentioned and it will work just fine
  13. Trickydick

I trust the 2in would start at the trap outlet. also you earlier mentioned to run the pipe up through the wall cavity while the floor was open; how much of the floor do I need to open? I was planning on running 7ft. lengths w/couplings and glue as I go.Oh and thanks for the help with the double...
  14. Trickydick

Ok. Thanks Hammerlane. I can certainly fall into that 20ft. limit; I could then connect the 1 1/2in. vents from the LT & CW, run a horizontal line to the wall cavity up to the attic, and connect to the 1 1/2in. vent from the BT that's on the 4in.main. I would still like some clarification on the...
  15. Trickydick

Ok. Thanks. I'll connect the tub to the 1 1/2in IP vent. I could run the vent for the 2in. up the wall cavity where the 4in. main and 1 1/2in. BT vent run up to the attic; the 1 1/2 then connects to the 4in before going out the roof. I have three questions: 1) isn't 1 1/2in adequate for venting...
  16. Trickydick

Ok. I can easily put on a 4 to 2 reducer and use a 1 1/2 x 2 x 1 1/2 santee at the vent. Any thoughts on what type of pipe and fittings to use at the tub?I need something with a tight radius, especially a the deep sink. As per my original photos, there is a 1 1/2in vent near the tub that...
  17. Trickydick

Forgot to mention on my post last night that all the "red" represents what was original, and the "green" is what I need to change. I'm also now thinking that at the end of the 4in. line where the 1 1/2in from the LT connects that a 4 to 1 1/2 reducer would work just as well as the wye plus it...
  18. Trickydick

I've included (3) drawings: one is a general view of what I want to do; I zoomed-in for the other's to show a little more detail of each half. I've included an inset of the LT santee vent because I wasn't certain of the correct orientation to flow. I'll also need some help withe the LT...
  19. Trickydick

Ok.I'll find a way to draw that and repost. The vertical line is only a vent for the old drywell and the kitchen sink; I dont believe it connects above the kitchen sink , because there is a window preventing it from going vert. until it runs horizontal for about 18 in.; the kitchen sink...
  20. Trickydick

These pics should help explain what I'm trying to do. This second pic is the iron pipe 1 1/2" drain from the laundry tub that goes to a old drywell that is actually under the basement floor; it no longer works. The vertical line is the vent tha t goes about 5 ft. up,then turns horizontal for 42...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks