Search results

1. Rrcur

RV outlet

My old house has an RV outlet (NEMA TT-30R) mounted on the outside of an exterior wall. Since I have no use for this, I'd like to remove this recepticle and use the circuit for other purposes. The raised printing on the recepticle says "Travel Trailer Use Only, 30A 125V." In the panel, there...
  2. Rrcur

Radiators warm with no call for heat

I have a small old house with a single zone forced hot water heating system. The boiler is a fairly new Dunkirk Empire II oil unit with a coil for hot water. There are two main loops served by one Taco circulator pump. In the basement, I've noticed that the return pipes in ONE of the two...
  3. Rrcur

Boiler insulation

Probably a dumb question, but do people ever add additional insulation to their boilers? I know people wrap hot water heaters. My basement gets pretty cold in the winter. My small Dunkirk Empire II cast iron oil boiler appears to have a few inches of fiberglass batt inside the sheet metal...
  4. Rrcur

adding a circulator pump to a single zone system

I have a small, two story house with a five-year-old cast iron oil boiler that provides hot water to cast iron radiators. The piping to the radiators is fairly large diameter black iron, which may have originally been steam piping. The house was built in the late 1920s, and it's all one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks