Search results

1. Nickyv

Drain pipe for washing machine. (discovered mine has 2 -22 degree joints)

I should keep the clean out above the top of the drain pipe that the washing machine drain hose goes into, correct? I drilled a small hole where the duck tape is to run my smaller snake. I do have the 2 inch clean out to add to the new set up. also, one person suggestion to place the clean out...
  2. Nickyv

thanks.. I take it that the issue with the vines/roots can be all across the board?
  3. Nickyv

ODD THING THAT I Noticed is that the vent pipe is 2 inches in my attic but at the point where it meets the drain pipe it is 1 1/2 inches.. anyone know the reason why?
  4. Nickyv

Here is the straight pipe I added since the original popped off in my hand with barely moving it.. The extra 14 inches gave me about a liter of space and this worked for 2-3 weeks, about 60 washes or so.... now that I pulled out the vines when the washing machine drains there is no change in...
  5. Nickyv

UPDATE- I went ahead and snaked the vent pipe down into the drain pipe and pulled out a hand full of vines. (this was with the smaller 1 inch type since i was tired of waiting for the larger snake and in the meantime I added a straight pipe that was 14 inches taller then the previous pipe since...
  6. Nickyv

Thanks John, my house is a 2 story home.. any pointers on the location of the clean out placement so that I can bypass the P-trap, San Tee and 90 * fitting.
  7. Nickyv

thanks, Anyone have an idea as too how old this plumbing set up is? house built in 1985? could this be the original set up? why not snake from the roof? just curious.. I take it that the best thing to do is place the clean out on the vent pipe that is extending up from the drain...
  8. Nickyv

I'll give myself a day.... :).. will have experienced DIY'ers with me on the project. I will say that I honestly feel that if I had the drain pipe 8 inches or 10 inches taller the extra pipe would create enough volume to hold the water that is currently over flowing or at least 60% of the...
  9. Nickyv

Do you think this is the original plumbing? any way to tell how old the work is by the ink imprint on the PVC ? the house was built in 1985. how long do you think it would take to replace the entire project? (2 days) - replace all of the piping and material from washing machine box to...
  10. Nickyv

and i think i understand when you say that the pipe heading down into the foundation from the pipe fiitting (going to call it a T) to the p-trap is the drain pipe and the pipe extending to the roof from the T pipe fitting is the vent, correct?
  11. Nickyv

oh yeah I agree, was going to hire him to teach me.. I am a complete novice and would not do this solo.. the pipe the p-trap goes into heads staight up to the roof and down into the foundation, what looks like to me.. and the drain pipe then goes into the main line where you can see the run...
  12. Nickyv

thanks for the tips. the small pvc pipe behind the vent pipe I think is for the AC, I need to check. there is another pipe wrapped in black foam next to the small white pipe and I think that is for the AC as well. - the top of the drain pipe as of right now is 32 inches from the foundation and...
  13. Nickyv

here are a few more pictures of the drain pipe for the washing machine. - the pipe that is curving down into the p-trap and from the connecting pipe from the vent pipe is not 90* vertical, it is pitched a little bit leaning towards the right. (1/8th of an inch off from 90*) - this 90 *...
  14. Nickyv

thanks, I will look into a cleanout in the vent pipe that connect to the "elbow" or corner pipes that connect to the P-Trap ( i have no plumbing experience)
  15. Nickyv

thank you for the input so far.. I will take more photos.. a couple of things to add... 1) I bought a smaller snake that attaches to a drill and it seams that I just cannot get it past the 90 to go down into the vertical pipe after the p trap. (it is the small version, neighbor has larger...
  16. Nickyv

HELP... my wife and I purchased a house and after 1 1/2 years of living in the house we ran into a problem. I always had an uneasy feeling on the issue with the utility room, laminate floors were warping a bit and i think I figured out why.. wife discovered a pool of water in the utility room...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks