Search results

1. JVance

Air Volume Control Valve Function

Setup: Shallow well, jet pump, 120 gallon bladderless tank. Problem: Too much air in the tank, too little water...draws down until air is introduced into house plumbing. This has been a reoccurring problem over the years, usually noticing small amounts of air in the house plumbing following...
  2. JVance

Adjusting BIRM Backwash Cycle for Well-Limited Water Flow

For iron filtration, I'm using a 1.5 cuft BIRM filter and Fleck 7000sxt valve. Lately, my well/pump has been running low on pressure towards the end of the backwash/rinse cycle, and I am concerned I may no longer have the flow necessary to properly backwash the filter. Can I shorten the duration...
  3. JVance

Hose-bib circuit between pressure tank and BIRM filter

I am planning to replace my current WHF with a BIRM filter, and tee new plumbing for hose-bibs between my pressure tank and BIRM filter. In another thread, LLigetfa mentioning the possibility of reverse water flow through the BIRM filter with this arrangement: Assuming reverse water flow...
  4. JVance

Overdrawing a shallow well?

I am trying to troubleshoot some issues with the well in our new house (we have a few, but this would seem to be the logical first issue to tackle). We live on a coastal island, have a shallow well (34' deep), Goulds 1HP jet pump (set to 30/50 PSI start/stop pressure) and 120 gallon tank. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks