Search results

1. JVance

Air Volume Control Valve Function

Gotchya! And since I'm tapping your knowledge here, any recommendations on how to vent the tank while keeping bugs/critters/dust out of it? Would 2 shraeder valves (one to let air out, the other to let air in, with or without filters) do the trick? Or is there a device available for this purpose?
  2. JVance

Indeed. I will probably work towards converting at least 1 of my 120 gallon tanks (I have a spare) into a storage tank later this year. I need to find a solution for a water-level switch, since the tank does not allow the ease of access of a cistern (and I'm not keen on cutting and welding on a...
  3. JVance

Who cares about the shower. Hurricane + impassable roads + power outage = I can still drink water. Perhaps 10 gallons of it.
  4. JVance

But even at 41 psi, I wouldn't be as so unlucky to have nothing left in a 4.5 gallon tank...
  5. JVance

I caught it, Texas Wellman...and I've even managed a quick shower with the power out :)
  6. JVance

Thank you! This is exactly the information I needed. I have a very low producing well, and power is not reliable here in heavy storms. I'll keep my large tank.
  7. JVance

FWIW, I have searched the forum for info to answer this question myself, but all I seem to find are either problems with a waterlogged tank, or problems with too much air in a tank when running a submersible pump (in which case, the air leak is typically traced to one of three components other...
  8. JVance

Setup: Shallow well, jet pump, 120 gallon bladderless tank. Problem: Too much air in the tank, too little water...draws down until air is introduced into house plumbing. This has been a reoccurring problem over the years, usually noticing small amounts of air in the house plumbing following...
  9. JVance

Square D pressure switch 9013FSG 2

Contacts look fine. Riser tube is a good lead; thanks for the suggestion! I'll check that before ordering a new switch.
  10. JVance

Square D pressure switch 9013FSG 2

I apologize if this is off topic, however it's a switch-related question. When these switches fail, do they often fail in a closed circuit? I just spent a few hours replumbing my neighbor's shallow well pump after it cavitated and melted the PVC fittings off the inlet. After building pressure...
  11. JVance

Adjusting BIRM Backwash Cycle for Well-Limited Water Flow

I believe you are correct. When I initially attempted to program the valve in the Filter setting, the valve would stay open (backwash) when at rest, and would close (stop backwash) when the backwash cycle would activate. Fair enough! The tank is 10" in diameter, 54" tall. (~18 gallons)
  12. JVance

Thanks for the info. After some Google searching, I found a different vendor whose set-up instructions were posted online. With BIRM, they suggested only the backwash and rapid-rinse settings, each for 10 minutes. From your recommendation, I should set the duration of the backwash on when the...
  13. JVance

If I stick with the shallow pump, multiple well points might be the most economical solution. I do know that there are some high-producing deep wells on the island, but are typically for agriculture. I know little about this Fleck valve, but I understand the dF2b setting is designed for water...
  14. JVance

For iron filtration, I'm using a 1.5 cuft BIRM filter and Fleck 7000sxt valve. Lately, my well/pump has been running low on pressure towards the end of the backwash/rinse cycle, and I am concerned I may no longer have the flow necessary to properly backwash the filter. Can I shorten the duration...
  15. JVance

Hose-bib circuit between pressure tank and BIRM filter

Everything will all be within a few feet of each other. The tee should fit within 12" of the pressure tank; the line to the BIRM filter just a couple of feet (due only to the height of the tank). And there is room to plumb an expansion tank between the BIRM filter and the inlet to the house with...
  16. JVance

Thanks for the information. I do not have an expansion tank after my current WHF, and the plumbing throughout the house is PEX. I don't know to what extent PEX flexes, so do you think adding the hose-bib circuit before the BIRM filter would cause enough reverse flow to unsettle the media pack...
  17. JVance

I am planning to replace my current WHF with a BIRM filter, and tee new plumbing for hose-bibs between my pressure tank and BIRM filter. In another thread, LLigetfa mentioning the possibility of reverse water flow through the BIRM filter with this arrangement: Assuming reverse water flow...
  18. JVance

Rust in well water, filter needed, thinking D.E.

Instead of starting a new thread, I have a similar problem as the O.P. We are currently using a pair of WHF's in parallel, and they have been effective to reduce the iron, but we loose pressure in a couple of months as the filters clog up and the filter housings turn orange with iron. LL, I've...
  19. JVance

Overdrawing a shallow well?

Will do. My 120 gallon tank is bladderless with an air control valve.
  20. JVance

Overdrawing a shallow well?

It was the typical meth-fueled scavenging that occurred following the housing crash. Houston and every other city in America had their share of it. Since removing the filters between the pump and the tank, the pump has not run hot. You can still hear water ebb and surge through the pump, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks