Search results

1. Derek-VA

Ejector Pit inlet pipe problems

hj, you're right, what happened was the following: 1) the grommet in the pit is sized for a 4" pipe. No 4" pipe was used (mistake in first post) 2) rough in plumber put a 4x3 reducing bushing in the hole (same OD as 4" pipe) and capped it inside the pit 3) rough in plumber then inserted 3"...
  2. Derek-VA

of course, there is already the 3" PVC inside the reducer, so I'd have to use a 3" extender to go on the ID. Any problems with clogging due to the lip on the extender inside the 3" drain pipe?
  3. Derek-VA

wraujr, that's a good idea, I was thinking something similar along those lines. However, then I stood in front of the PVC fixtures section for a long time at Home Depot and really figured out what happened. The rough in was a 4x3 flush reducer through the ejector pit. This is what was capped...
  4. Derek-VA

Current fitting is a hole with a grommet. No water ever leaked around that seal, just between the two pipes. hj you're absolutely right, it would have made more sense to use a reducer to fit the 3" PVC into the 4" PVC and then had the grommet seal against the single pipe. I have no idea why...
  5. Derek-VA

Hello, I am installing a basement ejector pit system in a basement that was already roughed in for one. Inside the pit there was a 4" PVC pipe with a cap for the sewage inlet. I cut the cap off and lo and behold it appears that there was a three inch PVC pipe inside the 4" pipe and I cut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks