Search results

1. illinois524

Is this portable generator hook-up OK?

I can certainly understand that and would oblige them by turning it off.
  2. illinois524

So lets just say for fun this system was able to float in mid air never touching the building structure. With that in mind then there would be nothing wrong with it cause it wouldn't be in violation of any codes CORRECT thus it would be like a bunch of romex® extension cords.
  3. illinois524

I know you never say never but holy cow how in the heck with this set up can it ever back feed to the power lines when it is it's own self contained system. You would need an extension cord with both ends having male ends in order to plug the gen outlet into the regular house outlet to back feed...
  4. illinois524

Generac Portable Generator

Long term sitting prep
  5. illinois524

In trying to learn this it's like going to a lawyer to get a will made. Hard to grasp all this jargon. What I'm looking for is this to be explained or broken down in much easier terminology. I quess what I'm hearing is that there would be no way for an over load to be tripped by removing the...
  6. illinois524

Generac XG7000E and Interlock Kit

In saying that I meant that I can handle all of the physical wiring and install of parts but I'm trying to learn from people like you that do this for a living about NEC codes. Quite a few of my neighbors are looking to make hook ups but don't take the time to learn and read what is right and...
  7. illinois524

Please bear with me as I'm trying to understand and learn here. OK SDS stands for? When you say GFCI protected I think of a outlet that you might see in a bathroom or kitchen. But when it comes to these gens they don't come with those kinds of outlets (or at least mine doesn't) so does that mean...
  8. illinois524

so could you simply go from generator---hook up to outside power box---then run #10/3 wire to a 6 breaker sub panel---splitting the 10 wire inside the sub panel (one hot wire to each leg-neutral to buss bar and ground to separate buss bar) thus creating 6 or so separate circuits with there own...
  9. illinois524

Hey Everybody new here. I know this is not what you want to here but I'm a carpenter not an electrician but can do my own electrical work but also know my limitations. I have learned a lot from the electricians I have worked with in the past. I just got a Generac GP5500 to replace my Honda 1800...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks