Search results

1. ThomasD.

BaseBoard to Runtal Wall Radiator retrofit

Let me preface this by stating that I'm not a heating or plumbing contractor. I'm an Electrical contractor. I'm dealing with a 900 sq. ft. +/- , 17' high 2nd floor area w/ 70% window coverage on the south facing wall & 25% window coverage on the north facing wall. Having talked with 3 Heating...
  2. ThomasD.

Guess I should proof read more often. Planning on using HePex not Pex-al-pex. Pex-al-pex is almost unavailable up here and nobody carries the necessary fittings or tool.
  3. ThomasD.

I have a 2 story open main floor with standard 3/4"hot water finned base board. The existing BTU output doesn't allow me to get the temperature above 67 degrees when it's colder than -20 outside. I realize that other factors are at work such as window exposure, wall insulation, boiler output...
  4. ThomasD.

Custom Glass Bypass Shower Door Kits

Finally down to the final phases of our bathroom remodel and the original information given to me by the local glass company regarding a Holcam frameless sliding glass door w/ a fixed return is no longer valid ( Holcam apparently doesn't make what we want now ). I need to know of any quality...
  5. ThomasD.

Grohe Allure Collection

Thanks for the response. Personal experience is just what I was interested in. So many choices out there. Grohe has been around a long time, but in todays economy longevity doesn't always equate to quality.
  6. ThomasD.

Grohe Allure Collection

I've ordered the Maris Wall Mount Toilet and now have to decide on the Shower & Sink fixtures. My wife has chosen the Grohe Allure Collection as one her final choices. Have never had personal experience with Grohe. Could I get some input on the quality of Grohe's Thermostatic controls and...
  7. ThomasD.

Toto Maris Toilet CST484CEMFG with Dual-Max Cyclone

Maris wall mount w/ Geberit wall carrier ordered from Love Plumbing. Have to wait for the Horizontal Discharge adapter pipe to make it in before shipment. Will be glad to give a review upon installation. Bathroom remodel in framing stage, waiting for wall carrier to start finishing. Ordering...
  8. ThomasD.

Appreciate the response. I agree that the specs are very similar. That made me wonder if I was missing something. Why 2 products with such similarity? The slightly rounded tank of the Maris will be non existent with a wall carrier. And couldn't really see much difference in the bowl design...
  9. ThomasD.

Hey, would like to revive this thread. Is there anymore information or input on the Toto Maris. Literally about to order the wall mounted Aquia and just found out about the Maris. Can't find any reviews about it. I'm going with the Geberit Wall Carrier, so flushing mechanisms and parts are...
  10. ThomasD.

Terry, I don't expect you to remember me, but we talked about a year ago regarding your opinion...

Terry, I don't expect you to remember me, but we talked about a year ago regarding your opinion on the Aquia Wall Hung Toilets. I"m at the ordering stage right now and would like to know if you have had a chance to try one out or have any other advice regarding it. I'm up in Alaska and water...
  11. ThomasD.

Kohler Cimarron® K-3828 Toilet Review Pictures and Comments

Sorry to say, but I have two of the Cimarrons installed in my house right now. Bought them because of the "Kohler" name and the good looks along with the 1-piece advantage. However, they are the worse flushing toilets I have ever had the misfortune of owning. They seem to plug up fairly...
  12. ThomasD.

Toto Aquia wall hung v. Ultramax

Aquia Wall Hung Toilets Terry, I don't expect you to remember me, but we talked about a year ago regarding your opinion on the Aquia Wall Hung Toilets. I"m at the ordering stage right now and would like to know if you have had a chance to try one out or have any other advice regarding it...
  13. ThomasD.

Needed: Wall Mount Toilet Advice

Budget????? Hopefully, for a semi-profitable endeavor such as a our proposed business, the return will eventually outweigh the initial cost. Quality, style and function still trump economy in my mind, but if all four were available in one unit......... Anyway, the "Cimarron" cost saving...
  14. ThomasD.

Ok. I've heard good things on this forum about the floor mounted version of the Aquia, but nothing about the wall mounted version. Also, any information about which rough-in frame is preferred?
  15. ThomasD.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking more along the lines of the Toto or Duravit style wall mount toilets with recessed tank, unless there are issues with them.
  16. ThomasD.

Great forum here, my compliments to all involved. I am in the process of remodeling / constructing a 5-room "Inn" (my wife doesn't like the sound of "B&B"). Each room will have a it's own full bath w/ separate shower. The toilet / shower area will be fully tiled & the floor sloped into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks