Search results

1. Snorp

When is it too late to change the water heater anode?

Good day to all - thanks for all of the help you provide to us undereducated. I have an old 40 gallon water heater that's been working fine for many (12?) years. The warranty on it is for 9 years. My question is - is it worthwhile to replace the anode? It's never been replaced before...
  2. Snorp

Need a source for parts for an OLD Jacuzzi Toilet (Primo?) Model MT-20102

Nope My plan is to contact those who are selling other Jucuzzi parts and ask them about sources or if they know of parts that might be equivalent - or might work. I've not had the time to start doing this yet. I'll keep posting on this thread if I find any useful info. Good luck to you. Andy
  3. Snorp

Need a source for parts for an OLD Jacuzzi Toilet (Primo?) Model MT-20102

Good evening to all and thanks for the help you give. Up until now, I haven't had any problem with this toilet but now I need to replace some of the parts. This is a dual flush model. The label says the following: Fill Valve: A1280 Flush Valve A 2417 Refill Valve MTC0704B I've s[emt a few...
  4. Snorp

Air in toilet line - normal procedure doesn't work

Por supuesto. Thanks for the added clarity
  5. Snorp

Thank you Mr. Reach4. Yes, it only whines when it's flushed. I wasn't sure that the valve could be a source for this problem. Tomorrow I'll replace the valve. I'm confident that that'll fix the problem. Thank you very much for your help. Regards, Andy
  6. Snorp

My best to all for the help you provide. Two level townhouse. Two toilets upstairs and one on main level - no basement. I have no clue as to what started this problem but fairly recently I replaced a shower cartridge. The problem Did Not start immediately after that work was done as best as I...
  7. Snorp

Need a recommendation for a fill valve for an undersized Toto single piece toilet.

Thanks Terry. I've been using the Korky valves but I don't know what's happened as the last one I bought sets too high (at or just above the lid height) and is causing problems. Also, the top part sets almost against the side of the tank. All of this, at times, causes the water to keep flowing...
  8. Snorp

Need a recommendation for a fill valve for an undersized Toto single piece toilet.

Hello folks, I'm very grateful for all of you who get us DIYers out of jams. An eon ago I bought a very small one piece Toto toilet for my very small bathroom. It's served me well generally speaking. I've replaced several fill valves over the years but due to apparent water loss when...
  9. Snorp

Faucet removal - Very tight spot - Best way?

Thanks Mr. Tuttle. I thought I had set up automatic notifications for my post but apparently not. I apologize for my delayed response. As I just mentioned to Terry, the 'gripper' on the basin wrench just takes up too much space and I've looked but I haven't been able to find a socket wrench of...
  10. Snorp

Thanks Terry. I apologize for being so late in commenting but I thought I had notifications set up for this post but apparently I didn't. The basin wrench 'gripper' is too wide and the socket is the best idea I've seen. But, the nut is about 1.25 or 1.38 AF and I've looked and looked but I...
  11. Snorp

My best wishes to all. I need to replace the faucet on a bathroom vanity as the water flow is unacceptably slow. I've looked at other reasons for the slowness of the flow, but it comes down to the basic design of the faucet - which came with the vanity. I've bought a replacement faucet. I'm...
  12. Snorp

Only a thermostat issue? or more serious?

My best to all. I have an almost 40 year old townhouse and I installed a programmable thermostat in it about 30 years ago. No problems with the thermostat until very recently. It has developed some issue that prevents me from changing the program and for awhile now (weeks) it runs the A/C for...
  13. Snorp

Faucet water flow issue - Obvious answer?

Good day to all. Situation: My small upstairs full bath was remodeled about two years ago (two-level townhouse). The vanity and the faucet were replaced but I believe that the faucet came packaged with the vanity and the top. I've been getting complaints from my stepdaughter about the low...
  14. Snorp

Premier Bayview Shower Water Handle - Can I do this?

Thank you Mr. Marlinmen. You've put me at ease as I have ordered the 133504 part and it should be here by Wednesday. I assume you've compared the two photos - my original photo and the 133504 photo - and have concluded that the 133504 part seems to be the one that will work in my application. I...
  15. Snorp

My primary problem is my ignorance. I'm not familiar at all with recent shower faucets and cartridges. What I thought would be a 'stop' apparently isn't. Setting that aside, My concern is that the part 133504 doesn't look like the photo I uploaded of the broken off cartridge. Ref - my initial...
  16. Snorp

Mr. Marlinman: A question - the photo of the part differs from the photo I posted. Is this possibly because the part photo from premier includes the "stop" - which I'm completely ignorant of? My son in law didn't mention anything about having or seeing another part. Can I assume that the...
  17. Snorp

WOW Mr. Marlinman - I can't thank you enough. A tip is in order. May you be blessed for helping others.
  18. Snorp

Thanks Mr. themp. I really appreciate your time and effort. Let's see what happens when the old one is removed. Thanks again.
  19. Snorp

Thank you very much. My fingers are crossed - difficult to type this way though.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks