Search results

1. NSB00

T&P on top of Rheem WH points to rear--prefer front left--225 deg CW or 135 deg of CCW?

I have a new Rheem electric water heater that I am preparing to connect to the water lines. The T&P relief valve located in the top points to the rear (the side opposite the junction box and heating elements). But I want it to point to the left front. Should I rotate it clockwise 225 degrees or...
  2. NSB00

1/4 turn twist not doable on final PVC joint--best solution?

Thanks all for the inputs. So I went ahead and planned to do the final joint this way. The trouble was in selecting a final joint where there would be sufficient pipe flex to get the daubers in there to apply primer & cement to both pipe and fitting with minimum interference. In the end, the...
  3. NSB00

1/4 turn twist not doable on final PVC joint--best solution?

I am rerouting some vent pipe due to remodeling. The original vent pipe is galvanized steel and the replacement section is PVC. I rebuilt the vent pipe path upward from the laundry steel vent pipe in the basement and downward from the steel vent stub (that goes up through the roof) in the first...
  4. NSB00

Connecting new lav drain to existing branch, relocating cleanout

At the stack, that is exactly how the branch pipe is fitted--the 1-1/2" pipe is leaded in to a 3x2 cast iron double wye (APCO 3X2XH; mid-1960s vintage). Yes--I can increase the downstream pipe size to 2"--starting with a 2" wye that merges the two 1-1/2" drains. In fact, that is probably even...
  5. NSB00

Connecting new lav drain to existing branch, relocating cleanout

I plan to run a new drain pipe for a main floor half-bath lav down into the basement space. From the basement side I will connect to the end of an existing branch. In the attached photo, the branch joins the main stack about 6 ft to the left. The branch connects to an existing drain pipe that...
  6. NSB00

replace moldy condensate drain tube on power vent water heater

I assume the transparent vinyl tubing on this power vent water heater is a drain for the exhaust condensate. I'm guessing the loop functions as a trap. The tube runs to a floor drain. The inside of the tube is lined with mold and the loop is kinked in 2 places. Because of the kinks, it appears...
  7. NSB00

rerouting 2" galvanized steel vent pipe

Thanks for the tips. I will pick up a set of those blades for doing the cut with my Sawzall.
  8. NSB00

rerouting 2" galvanized steel vent pipe

I opened up a bathroom wall so that I could reroute a vent pipe that obstructs a cold air return channel. There are 3 inputs to this pipe: 2" from toilet in this bathroom, 1-1/2" from basement laundry tub, 1-1/2" from basement bathroom sink rough-in (never installed). My plan is to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks