Search results

1. Coolul007

Online resource needed

I'm working on a cabin in northern California. I need a good online supplier for electrical gray fittings, boxes, etc. I can get things shipped here. Thank you.
  2. Coolul007

110V countdown timer needed

I want to stay away from relays, as the power will be on continuously. Thank you it is an option and food for thought.
  3. Coolul007

Glowing LEDs

Some ceiling fans use a triac to switch lights on/off using a remote. They are set up for a dimmer(doesn't work with leds) even if the remote is not present.
  4. Coolul007

110V countdown timer needed

Hi, I'm in need of an auto off timer (30+ minutes)that is activated by powering on a device(lamp,etc). i can find plenty of timers, but they all require a button push on the timer. I need this to indicate when the power comes on after a whole house generator is running. I would wire it to the...
  5. Coolul007

Well Pump Clearance

duh! what if the static water level changed? Is there a formula between the static level and the bottom of the well?
  6. Coolul007

Well Pump Clearance

I plan on replacing iron pipe with plastic. I need to know what is the rule of thumb for placing the pump from the bottom of the well. Is there a formula between the static level and the bottom of the well? Thank you.
  7. Coolul007

Propane hookup for generator

Thank you. I will read all the requirements, if I have more questions, I'll post. I appreciate your response.
  8. Coolul007

I am a safe guy. I am in the middle of nowhere in a cabin. Ths is an outside generator permanently fixed in place. I will check for leaks, etc. All piping is outside. I still need to know about regulators. Google is no help in this regard, I have tried before posting here.
  9. Coolul007

I have a propane hookup for a tankless hot water heater. I want to extend the pipe to fuel an 8kw generator. my question is about regulators. The generator has a regulator and there is a regulator coming from the propane tank. Is there a problem with regulators after a regulator. Will they still...
  10. Coolul007

Need generator recommendation for 700 sq ft home/cabin

I have settled on a Generac standby, without the auto switch, as there are a lot of times no one is at the cabin and there is no need for power. Thank you all for your input, it helped a lot.
  11. Coolul007

Strange Ant Problem - FYI

These are real small ants 3/16 inch long. It must be something like the field or I even thought it may produce a small amount of heat.
  12. Coolul007

Strange Ant Problem - FYI

It seems like this is out of a scifi movie. I am doing some wiring in a friends cabin. It started with installing a washer that was left outside for a few months. Once installed, it didn't work. I looked at the timer mechanism and found an infestation of tiny ants. They built a nest/nursery...
  13. Coolul007

Thank you for your response, good advice. I will certainly go that route.
  14. Coolul007

I have been trying to find a reliable generator to power a cabin during rain storm outages. The last one was 4 days long. We get about 2 of these a year. The main electrical draws are the standards, refrigerator, well pump, pellet stove, Satellite TV & Internet, computers. I think an 8KW...
  15. Coolul007

Replacing well riser from iron to PVC

First if my terminology is incorrect, go ahead and straighten me out. I am not a plumber, etc. I am thinking about replacing the pipe from a submersible pump in a well with PVC. I have a rust problem and I want to eliminate the possibility that the pipe is part of the problem. The well is 30+...
  16. Coolul007

Induction cooktop with oven directly below

Thank you for your replies, however, I am still faced with the same proble. I have seen all in one units by LG, Samsung, Viking, etc. So, it probably depends on the unit. Thanx again.
  17. Coolul007

Induction cooktop with oven directly below

I'm remodeling a kitchen, and would like to use an induction cooktop and place a regular electric oven directly below it. I have seen several warnings, one coming from IKEA personnel that it is not recommended to do that. However, I can not find a reason for it. (some claiming that the...
  18. Coolul007

Rust in well water, filter needed, thinking D.E.

Thank you for those suggestions, I'm trying to do this on the cheap, naturally, but I will look into these suggestions.
  19. Coolul007

Rust in well water, filter needed, thinking D.E.

First, let start off by giving kudos to the help I received getting the old well started and going. I greatly appreciate all of the advice and best of all I was not steered in any wrong direction. Now for the present dilemma, When the well is not in use for a few days, rust appears, my guess is...
  20. Coolul007

DIY Expansion Tank

I have another question, do I need a check valve above ground right out of the well. The well is somewhere between 50-75 feet deep. I thoroughly appreciate all the help I got here, it has given me enough confidence to be dangerous.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks